Pachimac

MOC Day 2 - The Story of Tonight

MOC Day 2 - The Story of Tonight
Pachimac, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
Credits:
"Life is: Keeping Memories Alive"
Background paper, ticket, yellow flower stalk, pocket, bead spills, Cherished memories ticket, word art, leaves, butterfly, memories word card.

"Life is: Feeling Grateful"
banner, Punch scatters

"Do Your Thing Mixed Media elements", Little Butterfly Wings
Yellowed lined paper

"Nostalgic" Pink Reptile Designs
Dice, yellow flowers

"Take Note" Collab:
Word Labels "The Story" and "Details"

"Things That Matter Most" Collab: sketched frame

Word Count: 477

Journaling:
Sometimes the hardest question to ask oneself is "WHY?", because it actually takes a little more deep thought than just the surface facts. When I first saw this challenge, I thought "Because I like it!!", but really, it takes so much more thought and words to say exactly why I scrapbook. My first time doing anything scrap-related was when I was 13 and we went on a 3 week trip. I promised myself that I was going to chronicle the trip every single day - even if it was just a line or two. A few years before my Mom died, she found my old scrapbook and I tell you, I had to laugh just how silly it looked to my grown up eyes. There was one entry that simply said, "We had steak tonight - YUM!!!"
I would say I scrap to record daily life for posterity, but it is so much more than that. When I first started out, I was doing it for me, but really, going deeper, and as I grow older, I am scrapping for Melissa. She is an only child, and one day Michael and I will be gone and I want her to have these books to remember our lives and have the story of her life.
I also have found as I grow older, that I am scrapbooking for my past - to learn a little about who I am by where I came from, and to get these memories down before my brain grows tired and forgets them. This part of my scrapbooking has been pushed to the forefront as I lament that I didn't listen really carefully to the stories my Mom told me of her life before she died. I now have a thirst for ancestry and I want to know my family. My Momma was only 74 when she died, and she was really the last person who could tell me the stories of her childhood and her Mother and Father's childhood. I have bits and pieces of that story and I hope to find pictures to flesh out those stories.
Finally, I scrap for the love of the design. I get giddy when I see a new kit come out from my favorite designers. I take pictures and can't wait to find the perfect element or the perfect background paper that will enhance my story and fill my mind and heart, and eventually, hopefully far far away from today, Melissa's heart will be full thinking about our family, the things we did and the fun we had.
So, in the end, I scrapbook to keep memories alive and to tell our family's story...so, as the song goes, "and when our children tell our story they'll tell the story of tonight!"
In some way, my scrapbooking will keep us alive long after we have gone back to Jesus.
chastml likes this.
    • IntenseMagic
      Fabulous journaling!! This is such a beautiful page! I adore the great scatter of elements and cards, and the border around the journaling! Perfectly done!
    • norton94
      I love the scrap style you use! The earthy colors and the drawn framing for your journaling - great job on that by the way! Beautiful
    • A-M
      I like how you set this all out and what well written journaling. Great choice of embellishments.
    • HeatherB
      Loved reading your journaling! Great storytelling. And love the doodled lines framing the text. Nice choice of elements to embellish your layout. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    284.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).