cestrada123

MOC Day-11-story

MOC Day-11-story
cestrada123, Jan 12, 2021
Description:
The year started so normal and awesome. We went to the Wildlife World Zoo on New Year’s Day. Invited friends to dinner over at our house. Helped at ALR Steak Nights at our American Legion Post. Went to assemblies at Alex’s school. Hosted a Super Bowl Party at our house. Attended family birthday parties. Made plans for future travel. And then it was March and we heard about the pandemic and things completely shut down. At first we only noticed that we couldn’t get toilet paper. Then our planned rides and events were all canceled. We don’t eat out at restaurants all that much so this was the last thing to really hit us. Then we heard there was no more school. I wrote in week 14 March 30-April 5 “This week was so painfully uneventful it just feels like we are stuck. I know that we are safe at home and lucky to be healthy. We keep up with the news. We stay indoors unless we run to the grocery. It is just hard. I want things to be normal again. Kinda like a month ago. When we took fun for granted.” Back then I thought things would be normal by summer 2020. Damn was I wrong. It is now January 2021 and still not normal. We created our own events by doing Friday road trips. We would just pick a direction and drive. When holidays started to pass without seeing extended family like we always do it was sad. The Easter Bunny drove by our house and waved. Luckily riding motorcycles wasn’t canceled so we did a lot of that. Everything became virtual, even the NFL draft, it was so weird. This list of Covid 19 rules I saw on FaceBook made me laugh but only to stop from crying: 1. Basically, you can’t leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can. 2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well. 3. Stores are closed, except those that are open. 4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick. 5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster. 6. Gloves won’t help, but they can still help. 7. Everyone needs to stay home, but it’s important to go out. 8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes. 9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects. 10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there. I’m so happy I documented this crazy year in my memory planner.
512 words

One Little Bird turning leaves pp
Sabrina's Creations weekend wire bracket
Sabrina's Creations weekend label stamp
NBK bloom & grow bloghop gesso
Sabrina's Creations in review label
Sabrina's Creations IAT word bit
Sabrina's Creations good morning label
    • Saar
      I think a lot of people can relate to your journal. I would LOVE the world to go back to normal. I am so done with covid-19.
      I live in Belgium and it's true... it was on the news here that a cat tested positive. I only heard that case. I haven't heard of any other animal in Belgium tested positive.
      Anyway... I love your take on the challenge. I love your journal and I love your page design. All the details are just perfect.
    • bestcee
      I like how you included a mask photo to set the tone for your story. It has felt like a lot of changes in things - like kids can't get it, except when they do. I hate how much misinformation has been spread around. Thanks for playing in my challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    cestrada123
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    107.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    510px
    Height:
    660px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).