KAPOH

MOC-9_My-Kinda-Town-#2

MOC-9_My-Kinda-Town-#2
KAPOH, Jan 9, 2020
Description:
JOURNALING:
Since 2006, our local newspaper has conducted a digital Easter egg hunt. Columnist Joe Blundo creates 10 riddles describing locations in and around Franklin Co. OH where eggs have been digitally "hidden." Participants figure out the clues and send their answers to the newspaper. The winner receives a small prize. While not competing in the contest, my sister and I have had a lot of fun figuring out the clues and taking pictures at each site. We've learned so much about the amazing city in which we grew up. I do layouts after each of the hunts. This is riddle #1 from 2017. "Winnie Waymarker," my "travel troll" enjoys appearing, either in a photo or digitally added, on all of these layouts.
MY KINDA TOWN #2. Monthly observations about the capital of Ohio (no, NOT Cleveland)
Built in 1866 and on the National Register of Historic Places, Trinity Episcopal Church sits at the corner of Broad St. and 3rd St., directly across from the east entrance of the Ohio State House. One of the unique things about the Church is it's stained glass windows, especially the one called "The Church in the World," which features local landmarks such as Ohio Stadium and the LeVeque Tower. It was designed by William Kielblock and made at the local Franklin Art Glass Company. The idea for it came from Rector Roger Nichols and it was dedicated May 2, 1965. For more information (and pictures), scan the bar code below.
Joe's Easter Egg Hunt
RIDDLE #1
“For all people,” on its door,
Built just after the Civil War,
Sandstone walls and Gothic tower,
Sounds off every quarter hour,
Find the spot upon the square
Where our egg can have a prayer.
ANSWER:
Trinity Episcopal Church
on Capitol Square
CREDITS: PHOTOS: by me; TEMPLATE: "Magazine Page Template" - Elizabeth's Market Cross; KITS: "Sunshine and Daffodils" - Sahlin Studio; "Gridiron" - ForeverJoy; QR CODE: generated at qrstuff.com; FONT: OldNewspaperType
NOTE: I can't guarantee the QR Code works because my cell phone is NOT a smart phone, but it is billed as the smartest "Dumb" phone available!
cfile likes this.
    • Pups_r_Paps
      I love the information imparted and the magazine like page; unfortunately the QR code didn't work for me.
    • Karen
      I couldn't get your QR code to work (I'm sure just because it's resized down for posting) so I googled that church's window and they are SO cool! I love that easter egg hunt around your town too, what a fun activity!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 9, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    130.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).