Kat

MOC 6:26 | Heritage/Tradition | Baking Cookies

MOC 6:26 | Heritage/Tradition | Baking Cookies
Kat, Feb 2, 2018
Description:
The hardest ones to make are always the ones that come out the best. In baking and in MOC challenges.
Credits:
Baked Goodness Collection by Dawn Inskip
Word Count: 276
Journaling reads:
Baking cookies is a holiday tradition at my parents’ house. Okay, well, baking cookies anytime is the tradition but especially at the holidays. My mom bakes chocolate chip cookies and fudge. It’s her go to thing for any family get together. Baking cookies with mom and my sisters and my niece is a lot of fun. There’s always a battle to keep one sister out of the raw cookie dough, she will eat it by the spoonfuls. One of us likes to be in charge of scooping the cookie balls onto the baking tray. One of us likes monitoring the baking part and runs the timer. One of us enjoys the mixing of the cookies and being directed for what’s next by mom. The kitchen at my parents’ house is small so I don’t remember us all gathering together at the same time and working together to make one big batch of cookies. I’m not sure we’d get along well enough for that, but we do take turns coming in and out of the kitchen and helping here and there. Now that we are older, this is usually the case. Often, it’s just one or two of us. We also have found our places in the scheme of the cookie making. One of us likes to bake, one of us likes to mix and make our own style cookies, one of us likes to eat the cookies. We all like to eat the cookies but especially one of us. It’s fun to see how as we’ve gone from kids to adults how one of the few constants we have is the baking of cookies with mom.
KarenB likes this.
    • lou
      Great page! I will have to try the recipe! Cookies are always yummy!
      Kat likes this.
    • Iowan
      How fun and I love that each of you has found a role. Your accents are perfect for your story. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      Kat likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Kat
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).