Army Trucks
Vrielinkie, Feb 2, 2018
Description:
Journaling:
"ABOVE:
This is my dad when he was in the Dutch army in circa 1972. Back then army service was mandatory. He was a truck driver for a few years. This is the truck he drove then. In soldiers language the YA-126, or 1-ton-truck also had the nickname Wep. Short for Weaponscarrier. The official name was composed of the following letters and numbers:
Y = signifies military vehicles
A = general usage
1 = tonnage
2 = vehicle series
6 = number of (spinning) wheels

BELOW:
This is my dad a few years ago in the DAF Museum in Eindhoven. They made army vehicles but also normal cars. Now they only manufacture
trucks for transport.
Of course they had to take a picture of my dad and “his truck”. So cool to see this little piece of history!

RIGHT:
While we were on a weekend break on one of the Dutch Wadden Islands, the campsite manager came to pick us up in his old army truck. Which just happened to be another vehicle that my dad drove in the army. The manager told him he could sit behind the wheel while we took his picture. So cool to see one that was so well taken care off.

LEFT:
In 1977 my dad had to go to a follow-up military training. This time he got to drive an American truck from GMC. In soldiers language the GMC-CCKW also had the nickname Deuce and a Half. The name CCKW comes from GMC model nomenclature:
C = designed in 1941
C = conventional cab
K = all-wheel drive
W = dual rear axles
"

Credits:
- Storyteller 2017 April Templates by Just Jaimee
- Tire Marks #1 by Paula Kesselring
- Font = Harting + Stencil
paula kesselring and jenn mccabe like this.
    • jenn mccabe
      fascinating (especially the breakdown of each letter/number) - you know i am a fan of your ultra cool grahpic page designs - this does not disappoint! wow, stunning!
      Vrielinkie likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Vrielinkie
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    115.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    300px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).