A-M

MOC 11 - Tell Me a Story - Fulfilled Passion

MOC 11 - Tell Me a Story - Fulfilled Passion
A-M, Jan 12, 2021
Description:
Journaling reads:
This story I am sharing possibly started way back in 1981 when I was born again. Through different happenings I know were instigated by my Heavenly Father, I came to know and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. During the following year I grew in faith through reading the Bible and doing Bible studies on my own and with my younger sister. At this part of my journey in life I started to have a strong to desire to give up my office job and do work that would bring glory to God. I have always had a love for the theatre, in particular stage acting. After having attended Christian drama performances I commenced to seek to find a way to be part of that field of Christian work. I joined the local Choral society in taking part in the musical “Carousel” which I enjoyed the acting side of and also thoroughly enjoyed being involved in painting the scenery backdrops. I purchased a keyboard in the hopes I could learn to play that. Another thing I did was take singing lessons. All this was to prepare me to be able to audition for a placement in a drama course at our local University. But in the end I came to realise I did not have enough natural talent and felt the Lord had closed the door on me being involved in paid Christian Drama.
Just after all that, one night when attending an Adult Church Youth Group we did an activity where we had to write down what our real passion was. I remember writing down working with children or the elderly. It was not long after this that I approached an employment agency to ask about what positions would be available in Aged Care Homes for me a person who had only been an office worker for the past eight years. The person I spoke to informed me that in reality the jobs in those homes were mostly in the nursing field, cleaners or kitchen staff. Back in those days the head nurse was the person to man the reception. So I walked away with the thought that another door had closed not knowing that many years later I would be working with the elderly.
The next major turning point in my life enabled me to fulfil that other passion to work with children as I became a single parent. When my daughter was old enough to attend Sunday school, I then became a Sunday school teacher. I enjoyed teaching and being with children for nearly sixteen years.
When my parents reached the later years of their lives and became practically housebound I took over doing a lot of their caring. I initially did all their washing, cleaning, driving to doctors etc. After both my parents died I needed to take on the role of helping my aging Aunt and Uncle. When my Uncle needed to be moved to a Nursing Home, I became a volunteer in Aged Care and have continued to do so for nine years. When my husband and I moved to a small country town to be closer to my daughter I was so thrilled to discover this town of only 1,500 people had an Aged Care facility. Now I have been volunteering at The Village as it is locally called for seven years. Last year with COVID19, the head office of these homes being in a city where Nursing homes were struggling with keeping the virus under control made the decision that all their homes Australia wide went into tight lock down meaning NO VOLUNTEERS. For the first few weeks I felt like I was experiencing grief. A lot of residents over the years have become like family to me. With my digital and card making skills I made cards to send to the ones I am closest to so they would know I was thinking of them and missing them.
It is now January 2021 and as of this week, Thursday 14th, I start back in my role of volunteer in Aged Care.
That passion I wrote of so many years ago has truly been fulfilled.
-----------
Credits: template: Tiny Treasures No 3 by Lynn Grieveson
papers from Blossom Festival by Lynn Grieveson
flair from Love is All Around by Lynn Greiveson

Font - The Anne-Marie ( custom made by Heather Joyce)
michele hillam likes this.
    • Saar
      I'm so sorry to read you had to say goodbye to those two lovely ladies.
      I love how you scrapped the story though. I love the photos and your page. And I love the soft colors. Beautiful work.
      A-M likes this.
    • bestcee
      I'm so glad you were able to return! And how neat to be able to use your passion, even if it wasn't how you expected. I love how you included the two ladies to accent your story. I'm sorry you lost them. Thank you for playing in my challenge.
      A-M likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    A-M
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    261.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).