December You are My Fave No. 7 Scrapbook Kit by paislee press
Oh Happy Day by paislee press
Silent Battles: Grief - Elements by Rachel Jefferies
Eucalyptus: Impasto by Rachel Jefferies
Advent {immanuel} by Sara Gleason
Chéri Elements by One Little Bird
Fonts: DJB Angel Baby and Graced Script

Journaling reads:
Shortly before Christmas in 2005, I was pregnant for the 7th time. We had lost 5 babies to miscarriage, one just six weeks before. I was deeply sad, physically exhausted and afraid to be hopeful. By Christmas Eve, I had a terrible cold that along with the all-day “morning” sickness had me feeling miserable. Still, I didn’t want to miss our tradition of candlelight service on Christmas Eve. That night, while I sat in church, amid the many candles representing hope and love, I had only one word in my heart. It was all I could articulate in the swirl of emotions... “please.”

Eight months later, Julia was born. Our rainbow baby, she was born after years of loss and grief, bringing us such great happiness and peace. Every year on Christmas Eve now, I sit next to her and hold her hand during the candlelight service. She’s the most miraculous gift, an answer to the whispered please from so many years ago. Her birthday is August 10th but the lighting of the candles on her cake is an emotional connection to the beginning of her story. It’s an echo of everything I was feeling that Christmas Eve and the happiness I still feel as we celebrate her life. On her 12th birthday, I looked at her sweet face and saw how the promise of that “please” continues to be fulfilled. She’s a light in our lives.
Kat, jenn mccabe, Justagirl and 5 others like this.
    • FarrahJobling
      What a heart warming story. Thank you for sharing it. ❤️❤️❤️
    • ashleywb
      This is so beautiful in every way. I love the "light" carrying over to the second page. What an amazing answer to your whispered prayer.
    • weaselwatchr
      Such a beautiful story. She is definitely a light after all the darkness.
    • JenniferJ
      Beautiful story and layout! Thanks for sharing!
    • Cherylndesigns
      This just gave me goosebumps, Laura. Thanks for sharing this with us. :beat:beat:beat
    • umyesh
      This is so very precious. Thank you for sharing this heartfelt connection with all of us. I always look forward to the challenge from you on the last day of MOC. She is a beautiful light and I love how you've carried the word light through both sides of your page. Thank you for all you do!
    • marijke
      What a beautiful page and story .. thank you for sharing this ...
    • CarolynJoyce77
      What a beautiful moving story and totally wonderful memory to have recorded for your daughter.
    • NancyP
      OK, I panicked after reading about the last challenge and not having a clue what a travelers notebook was, but after reading your story and seeing that beautiful layout page, you have given me to courage to plunge ahead! Thank you for sharing your heart with us!
    • nhudao
      What a beautiful story! She is the wonderful light and precious gift. Thanks for your sharing with us.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    lmccandless
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    216 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).