ArmyGrl

Grace

Grace
ArmyGrl, Jun 2, 2021
Description:
Original created with Ponytail Designs Feeling the Weight of the World - then modified with the Grace Collab by Lynne-Marie and Sara Gleason.

This was created for the June 2021 Monthly Muse Week 1. I struggle with this month's muse. I wear my scars with pride. I don't feel I have to make them pretty for you. Is that what Kintsugi is about? Maybe. Maybe not. A significant part of the Kintsugi philosophy is about honoring broken pieces. About healing - and in that healing becoming stronger than the original unbroken piece. But what if the original piece was strong? If you broke me, why do I have to make myself pretty for you? I think I favor the other tradition of ceramic repair - using staples. Why hide the brokenness? So yes, this month will be a struggle for me. See, I don't have problem with being broken. I have a problem with healing.
MrsPeel, JenEm and Dalis like this.
    • Dalis
      Oh girl, this made me cry! LOVE IT!
    • Nemla
      Broken or whole, your piece still speaks loud and clear. if the lines are not distinct to you, then so be it ,it is your line , your repair, your healing, and if your choice is a staple,well then it is a staple. Just a thought though, perhaps others see a beautiful golden line, and are proud of you for it. Did I say I love your page ? I do a lot, and the journaling that goes with it.
      JenEm likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Such an emotional and creative piece of art you have created. I loved reading what you wrote about brokenness and ceramic repairs and wearing our scars with pride. I choose this as a Froggy Favorite.
    • ArmyGrl
    • JenEm
      I cannot begin to put into words, or describe the emotions your art (and especially your journaling) evoke in me. This is so thought-provoking, and very relevant for me right now. Amazing page. Congrats on the Froggy Favorite. It is well deserved.
    • Angela Toucan
      wow, so dramatic and emotive
    • MrsPeel
      gorgeous as always, definitely powerful, I admire your gift for elegance, the ability to send a message or even just build something beautiful in a minimalist style is out of this world, the division of shadow and light is powerful....that butterfly the perfect addition in perfect placement! marvelous all over!!!![​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    ArmyGrl
    Date:
    Jun 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).