June '21 Monthly Muse Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by ArmyGrl, May 31, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Heal my mind.

All fragmented thoughts come together.

I was broken. But I am not damaged.

When I shattered, I found freedom.

I came back together more beautiful, more resilient than ever before!

Kintsugi-Meme.jpg

Welcome to the June Art Muse! This month, we take you on a journey of healing and repair.

Cynthia @MrsPeel – “Because of the times we live, we need to restore ourselves. By repairing with 'gold' the recovery is stronger.”

The scars have value.
    Kintsugi as a philosophy. Healing the mind. The Golden Journey.
    Don’t throw away those broken pieces. They contribute to the whole of who you are. Instead, allow yourself to be repaired. But remember, how you repair is just as important as the break itself. The repair can result in a piece more beautiful than before the break.

This week’s challenge prompt:

“Heal my mind. All fragmented thoughts come together in one beautifully spun golden globe (or tangle).”

Challenge Requirements:

1. For the Art Muse, you may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.), with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. The Art Muse is for everyone! So, have fun and see where Kintsugi takes you.

2. You can use any products in The Lily Pad store or retired products from current Lily Pad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

3. Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE by Midnight, 28 JUNE 2021 and post your layout in this thread by copying the "Share BB Code" to the right of your gallery image.

Each post, up to four total, regardless of the week posted in the month of June earns you one chance to win a $5 coupon to the TLP store. Thus,

1 Muse = 1 chance to win
    2 Muses = 2 chances to win
    3 Muses = 3 chances to win
    4 Muses = 4 chances to win.​

This is a very open-ended challenge. You may decide to journal with words or with images. I simple ask that you reflect upon the prompt and let Kintsugi guide you in your creative endeavors.

(A big thank you to Nemla (Vivi) who developed the challenge prompts this month!)

G.J., JenEm, norton94 and 6 others like this.
  2. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Oh wow! Love this - so inspiring! ❤️

ArmyGrl and Nemla like this.
  3. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

4. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, Nemla, A-M and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love this challenge. I enjoyed doing my page.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel and jenn mccabe like this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

It was so interesting to interpret this weeks challenge prompt - I took the more literal route.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, Nemla and jenn mccabe like this.
  8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

The Art Journaling MM's Are Always Thought Provoking! & Interesting!...This One Is No Different!...I Read It All Over A Few Times!...Trying To Get A Feel! For The Subject Matter!...And I Kept Going Back To The Same Line...: 'The Scars Have Value:...But For My Page...I Wanted It To Be A Bit More Personal!...So I Went With : My Scars Have Value!...This Line Really Resonated With Me!...The Idea That Our "Scars" Have Value...Is Something I Have Thought As Well Over The Years!...For Myself...I Have Been On My Own Journey Of Healing For Some Years Now!...And To Say That I Have Many Physical & Mental Scars! Is An Understatement!...But It Took Me A Long Time To Realize That...It's O.K.!!!...Since I Have Learned A Lot From My Own Scars!...I Have Learned Along The Way To Not Be So Hard On Myself!...& To Forgive Myself For The Things I Can't Now Change!...But To Learn...& To Grow! From Those Experiences!...On The "Bad" Days As I Call Them!...[Depression Issues Rearing Their Ugly Head!...Or My Ongoing Health Issues Being Worse Than Usual...]...Like Lately...May Was A Tough Month For Me!...And June Isn't Off To A Great! Start!...But I Will Take Comfort In Knowing That Each Day Is Different!...Not All Of Them As Tough!...And To Celebrate! All The Little Positive! Things That Are Happening! In Each Day As They Come!...And There Are Many! Each Day!!!...And To Remember!!!...That There's Always Tomorrow!...The Potential For The Next Day To Be Better Than The Last!!!...

*For My Value In Your Scars Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-May 2021-Know Your Worth-Little Butterfly Wings,Lynn Grieveson,Paula Kesselring & Rachel Jefferies
    *Strength Of A Woman-PT-Old Vintage Paper-1-NBK Design

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    MrsPeel, Nemla, Lillyia and 1 other person like this.
  9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I struggled with this, but am happy with the end result.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel and Nemla like this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the inspiration. Just had a couple of high stress days, so this has been great art therapy.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

[​IMG]

A-M, MrsPeel and G.J. like this.
  13. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Lisa dear, thank you so much for this challenge, it was therapeutic, here's my take, full credits in gallery, wishing you a very beautiful Sunday @ArmyGrl :bk:bk
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm behind, but wanted to start at the broken stage. Mine is Broken - Kintsugi Rising. I put some touches of gold in with the black and white.

[​IMG]

15. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Here is mine. I went with the broken theme, and that things can be healed.
    [​IMG]

ArmyGrl likes this.
  16. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Nemla likes this.