dotcomkari

Gotcha Day

Gotcha Day
dotcomkari, Jan 14, 2018
Description:
Just Jaimee and Amber LaBau: Light Bulb Moment
Just Jaimee: May 2014 Story Teller, Dogs, Story Teller 2017, March 2017 BYOC Stitches
Kim Jensen: Pinned Purple Dates (recolored)
Heather Joyce: The Alice
Impact Font

MOC 11

We are coming upon the second anniversary of your “gotcha day”. It is hard to remember life before you now. You are part of our family. I never expected to need a service dog. It isn’t something one plans for in life. But alas my life brought me to you. When my health took a turn for the worse; you became a necessity. I spent hours online searching for years for a service dog foundation that would train a dog like you, multi-tasked to alert to vertigo attacks, be a hearing dog and also help with mobility and balance. Years more I on a waiting list to get you, months of collecting donations to bring you home. After months of saving up money and watching others train with their dogs, picking up on basic commands and skills, I was told by the head trainer they had found a puppy that matched my needs. (Puppies are screened by the trainers for their temperament and willingness to train.) On Feb. 1st of 2016 I was matched with a male puppy from a local breeder that was a mix of German shepherd, Border collie and Golden Retriever. I named the puppy, you, Neelix. And so began our journey to becoming a service dog and our new life together.

Scraplift of Justagirl Chasing Shadows
Justagirl likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Aw, Neelix is adorable! How wonderful that you could find such a companion and service dog all in one. Love the photos of Neelix, or course, and the plaid paper with the yellow strip down the middle. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • Justagirl
      Oh wow, I saw this in the gallery and thought this is so pretty but oddly familiar lol Thanks for the scraplift your take on my page is gorgeousness xox
      dotcomkari likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jan 14, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    205.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).