mywisecrafts

Free the Inner Muse

Free the Inner Muse
mywisecrafts, Sep 4, 2020
Description:
I probably had way to much fun creating this!! I almost journaled on this layout and then was afraid it would take away from the art part that....I decided to journal here.

We all have 2 sides. The left side represents my Type A, slightly OCD, process driven, logical/analytical side. The splashes of color on the left represent my creativity that has been held back. The right side, is my inner muse and I want to let that side out full force. I want to be able to inspire others as so many of my Fellow Lily Padders (making up words as I go) & Designers have inspired me. The lock (used as a necklace) is there to show that both sides of me are connected and to be my truest balanced self, I have to let both sides be who they are!

Little bit about the layout:
My left eyebrow is my son's (his eyebrows are perfect & mine look great when I apply makeup...lol). The right eyebrow is my sister's (you will see lots of layouts referencing her this month as it's her Bday month and she's been gone now almost 20 years) and she is encouraging me to nurture both sides of myself. The eyes are my daughter's.....the left from when she was 5 and the right from 2 years ago....her eyes are so gorgeous. I used several different kits here and as no great surprise, I blended my paper strips and paints in to create this look. Strips of curled paper and messy threads make great hair..... and love the artsy curly feel of the foliage used to create the hair look on the right. I did use a face from Urban Fairy as my base, then layered my face into the silhouette and built from there. None of the elements were modified to create this, just blended and the use of a LOT of layer masks.

Credits:
Those Wings Bundle by Rachel Jefferies
Wings Unfolded MMA by Rachel Jefferies
Citron MMA by Rachel Jefferies
Amazing Things MMA by Rachel Jefferies
Miscellaneous Collage Bits & Bobs 2 by Rachel Jefferies
Pastures Green MMA by Rachel Jefferies
Poisson MMA by Rachel Jefferies
M3 July 20_This is Me for Now (elements for necklace & border) by Paula Kesselring
M3 Oct 18 _Journal Introspective Muse (Word Art) by Lynne Marie
Hidden in my Book Faces by Urban Fairy
RJMJ likes this.
    • Sokee
      YES YES YES!!! this is PERFECT!! I have to admit..... I cried reading your journaling. I'm so happy this Muse pulled so much out of your inner self.

"We all have 2 sides. The left side represents my Type A, slightly OCD, process driven, logical/analytical side. The splashes of color on the left represent my creativity that has been held back. The right side, is my inner muse and I want to let that side out full force"

YES! This is ME!
      mywisecrafts and RJMJ like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      love the hair. great face collage
    • RJMJ
      @mywisecrafts ...OMG!...What You Have Created Has Moved Me In So Many Ways!...How Inspiring Are You My Friend!...I've Been Struggling With This Challenge...Maybe You Have Given Me Some Much Needed Inspiration!...Everything So Well-Thought Out!...Everything With So Much Meaning!...& DEPTH!...You Combined With Your Children!...& Your Precious Sister Too!...This Almost Brought Me To Tears!...The Connection Between Mother & Children...And Sister To Sister...Too!...Is Nothing Short Of FANTASTICAL!...Just Like You My Friend!...I See You There!...In Fact I See You In Everything You Create!...You INSPIRE! Me In Ways You Can't Imagine!...Each & Every Day!...The Lock Necklace Speaks So Loudly To Me Too!...I Felt This Way Until I Came Here To The Lilypad Too!...Here I'm Free To Be My Truest Self!...And Through That Process...I Found You...My Truest Friend!...I Love How Everything In Your Layout Is Connected To Everything Else...But I Feel That's How Life Is For Me...We Are All Connected To Each Other In So Many Ways!...& Showcasing How Connected You Feel To Your Children & Your Sister Here!...Is Both Inspiring!...Heartwarming! & Wonderful!...And Special!...I Too Feel The Connection!...It Is Strong! & Proud! & Brave!...Again...Like You!...Without Realizing It...You Have Showcased Some Of The Best Things About Yourself!...I Love That So Much!...I Could Go On...But I'll Stop Now...So Much Emotion Here!...You Are A True Artist!...A Deep Thinker!...A Deep-Soul!...So Proud To Be Your Friend!...Love How You Have Released Your Inner Muse!...Go Girl!...Way To ROCK It!!!!!!!!!!!...So BEAUTIFUL!...If I Didn't Have So Much To Say Here...I'd Actually Be SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...[FYI:But WE Both Know That Is Not How I Roll...]...LOL!...An Artists True Muse...Is Theirself!...And That Is You!...My Bestest! Friend!...FYI...[I Wrote A Book Too...]...:ballonhang :ballonhang :ballonhang :bk :bk :bk :faint2 :faint2 :faint2 :heartslub :heartslub :heartslub :wub :wub :wub :tacklehug :tacklehug :tacklehug :yowza :yowza :yowza :yourock :yourock :yourock
    • mywisecrafts
      @Sokee Thank you for planting the seed. The challenge opened up that box and allowed me to have fun!! From TLP, I've started realizing that art journaling is probably the best way for me to capture my thoughts. I'm not as eloquent in on the spot, of the cuff verbal communication, nor do I like talking about my feelings. But ART....and written communication is an EXCELLENT outlet for me! Your kind words melt my heart!:heartlub:heartlub

@Angela Toucan Thank you! Isn't that hair fun? It's funny how you can look at elements and see alternative uses..... (The hair on the right does have a little bit of an 80s vibe....but that's ok. LOL).

@RJMJ Bestie......you at a loss for words? Tell me it isn't so!!! LOL.:D I loved your book and I'm so glad that I can inspire you as I get so much inspiration from your work and always in awe of your creations! And you are right...this is me, the introspective Esther muse! LOL. I can not wait to see your LO, I know it will be fantastic!!!:heartslub:bk:bk:bk
      RJMJ and Angela Toucan like this.
    • redplaid3
      Wow, I'm making this a froggy fav! Congratulations! It's so amazing, especially with the story. I love all the pieces of your family represented here and that magical hair! Very inspiring!! :goldstars:thumbsups:woot:woot
      RJMJ and mywisecrafts like this.
    • mywisecrafts
      @redplaid3 awww....thank you so much! Truly honored by the nomination!!!!!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @mywisecrafts OMG!...I'm So Over The Moon With Happiness! For Your FF! My Friend!!!!...CONGRATS! On A Well-Deserved! FF NOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...:heartslub :bk :heartslub :bk :heartslub
    • keepscrappin
      you nailed the technique! love everything about this! :wub
    • mywisecrafts
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    mywisecrafts
    Date:
    Sep 4, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    126.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).