Amson

ForMe

ForMe
Amson, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
I had a wonderful walk along the beach today on this wonderful Summers Day and so had to use one of my photos.

Credits: Lynn Grieveson: Wind in my Sails, MPM Courage Elements (text quote)

Text: 288 words

Why I scrap is not such an easy question to answer as there is no single answer. I could say I scrap as I want to preserve memories or that I want to explore my creativity or that I love the online digiscrapping forums but really none of these is totally correct. If I am truthfully honest with myself I think I scrap for ME.

I started scrapping in 2005 at a site closed long ago. I remember my first page which featured a photo of my second daughter. I was so impressed with my efforts, after hours of work, that I printed out the layout to show my girls the next morning. I was immediately hooked and within a week I had discovered automatic shadowing and how to layer elements. My layouts were amazing!

I was using a very early version of Paintshop Pro and tutorials were not as readily available as they are today but I downloaded what was available and practiced alone at night upstairs in the study. Scrapping made me happy and this was a time in my life where everyday life was a struggle. I scrapped the great times and the bad. I cried as I journalled from the heart. But slowly I was able to make sense of my life and how to move forward in the turmoil of my everyday. Scrapping gave me clarity and was my partner when I was so alone.

Fast forward to today and the reason for scrapping is probably still the same. I don’t know that either of my daughters will ever want my books but really it doesn’t even matter. The process of scrapping keeps me sane, it is my escape, it is for ME.
JenEm and nhudao like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      stunning photo, and I like your text flow
    • katell
      this pciture is just amazing! love your journaling too!
    • HeatherB
      Wow, I love how you journaled on the photo and kept the words bound by the foam from the waves. And loved reading your journaling. Great page and thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • HeatherB
    • Ga_L
      Wonderful picture ! Congrats for the froggy fav
    • Amson
    • bjthomas
      This is beautiful! And what a creative way to display your journaling.
      Amson likes this.
    • Saar
      Oh wow, what a beautiful photo. I love the reflection in the water and I love your take on the challenge. This layout is so beautiful, calm and serene.
      Amson likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Congratulation on the Froggy Favorite! Well deserved! That picture is fine art worthy.
      Amson likes this.
    • JenEm
      So glad to see your beautiful pages gracing the gallery again. That photo is exquisite, and you have shown it off to perfection with your journaling placement. Gorgeous page. Congrats on the Froggy Favorite. It is well deserved.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Amson
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    212.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).