suzyqscraps

favorite tradition

favorite tradition
suzyqscraps, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
MOC6: Day 26 | Tradition/Heritage

200 words of journaling:
It all started in April 1950 with the marriage of my paternal grandparents. Instead of just wishing each other a “Happy Anniversary!” once a year, they made the 4th of every month a time to remember their marriage. I’m sure they didn’t remember every single month. But they kept up the tradition for 52 years, until my grandpa passed away. I wonder if my grandma still wished him a happy anniversary in her heart the 4th of every month. I wish I had thought to ask her that before she passed away in October 2017. My parents married in November 1979. And they continued the tradition. Of course, they celebrate the annual anniversary in the usual way, exchanging cards & going out together. My dad always buys flowers. But when the 3rd rolls around every month, they say “Happy Anniversary” to each other. 38 years now & still going strong. I remember this tradition fondly from my childhood. So when I was married in April 2006, I asked my sweet husband if we could keep up the tradition. And we have. It’s fun to try to be the first person on the 28th of each month to say “Happy Anniversary!”

Flight Plan No. 28 by One Little Bird
pattern paper from Cottage | Papers by Amber LaBau
heart pocket card from MPM: Mosaic
april date tags from MPM: Grow
stitching from MPM: Composition & MPM: Viewpoint
everything else from MPM: Home by various TLP Designers
The Sophia font by Heather Joyce
Century Schoolbook font
Mylinn likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    suzyqscraps
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    126.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).