Day 26

Day 26
lorieh, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
SnowScape {Bundle}by Little Butterfly Wings
Ink Pad | Alpha by Pink Reptile Designs
Mylinn likes this.
    • Megan H
      The Blizzard of '78 is one of my first "real" memories. I was only 5, but I can remember walking all the way into town (about 3 miles) dragging my plastic toboggan behind me. My Mom and Dad dragged my brother and I home on them after we got tired!!! I grew up outside Boston, MA. I think we got almost 3 feet of snow (and there was a storm a week before that had already dropped close to two feet) with winds up to 70mph. Thanks for the memory!!!
    • ElizabethW
      My dad and I were just talking about this the other day! I was 4 and only barely remember it (I live in Kentucky), but I remember the huge snow drifts. Great layout!
    • HavaDrPepper
      I was in the middle of this blizzard as well in Toledo, Ohio. I had started a new job the week before and lost out on 2 days of training because of the it! I don't think I have ever scrapped these memories... probably should before I forget them all!
    • Iowan
      What a great story and I can just hear grandma reiterating the tv message for everyone. I can feel for your mom too. You did a great job of using paint here.
      Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    • BevG
      This was my senior year in high school. Some of the drifts were over 10ft tall. We were in southern Michigan. We got about 4 ft of snow without the drifts. Then it iced so we could walk on top of it.
    • flowersgal
      So glad you documented this. We were in Ohio and schools were closed so much that winter that the kids had to have 1/2 days on Saturdays for more than a month to make up for the missed days. It was the most snow I ever remember seeing up until that time. We had power but only one person on our street was up and moving. Everyone except emergency personnel (hospital, police) were warned to stay at home. Neighbors all gathered outside to help clear pathways.
    • KAPOH
      Having lived in Columbus all my life I remember trying to get to work during that blizzard, trudging to the bus stop (NO WAY was I going to try to drive) and waiting. Funny, I don't remember getting on a bus or getting to work (I was a state auditor at the time), but I DO remember the walk and the wait! Our local TV stations just ran stories about the anniversary. Oh, I also remember who warm it had been just before the blizzard hit! Ohio weather: if you don't like it, wait a minute.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    lorieh
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    231.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).