Cherylndesigns

April Journaling Challenge

April Journaling Challenge
Cherylndesigns, Apr 19, 2019
Description:
Today has been a very emotional day. I scrapped a wonderful and funny memory about a very special day I had with my grandsons Cameron and Jordan and then I received a text from Jordan, kind out of the blue. He's had a lot of problems for the last couple of years and been in some pretty serious trouble. He recently left to go back to Michigan and I haven't heard from him for quite a while. I need to say that I was not going to do this challenge until I received this text from Jordan today. It let me know that he DID love me and did think of all the happy times we had together when he was growing up. He heard a song that he knew I loved and remembered how I always sang it when it came on the radio. He sent me this screenshot of the song he was listening to "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green, and told me it made him think of me and that he loved and missed me. I've been very emotional ever since he sent it. The journaling just talks about how J's gone astray, even though he had the same love, upbringing and guidance as his siblings and how we all hope and pray he finds his way home again.

Credits: Soco_itsthelittlethings_solid05; rjefferies-SilentBattlesGrief_MM09, MM01; SBasic_SilentBattlesGrief_MM07; awolff_alltimelow_shabby_pageborder; frame from my stash.
    • SharLamb
      Oh Cheryl. I so identify with your story. One of our granddaughters has been “gone” from us for several years. She’s never expressed any love for us despite ways we’ve helped her—some she knows about, and many she doesn’t. As I pray for her, I will be reminded to pray for Jordan too...and for those who love them to be graced with His peace. What a day! Bless your heart.
    • bensmom
      You've captured the emotion of the moment so well on this page. I hope he finds his way. Hugs.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @SharLamb Your comments really touch my heart, Sharron. It's so difficult and hard to understand why they do this and thank you for keeping Jordan in your prayers. I'll keep your granddaughter in mine, too. Getting that message from him yesterday was huge and I was listening to Al Green a lot last night. The really great thing is that he didn't ask for money.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bensmom Thank you so very much! We're so hoping that he'll get his life straightened out and come back into the family.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
      I have faith that your GS will find his way. Wonderful journaling from the heart. So happy that he feels that he can communicate with you.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks, Marilyn. I was so thrilled that Jordan communicated with me today over music. That was a big deal in our lives and is such a link. It meant everything to me.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • bcnatty
      I am so happy that you were able to complete this challenge!! What a wonderful text to receive!! I hope that he finds his way and returns to his family soon!!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bcnatty Thanks so much! We all hope so, too. He's really trying to turn his life around, and even has a good job opportunity. The fact that he was really thinking about me and didn't ask for money moved me to tears.
      bcnatty likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Apr 19, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    96.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).