NappingMommy
AnotherAmanda, Aug 26, 2017
Description:
Aug 2017 - Weekly Challenge Journaling - Tell me more
Fonts - Garamond Pro, CK Ali's Writing
Journaling - Your daddy took this picture around 9:30 a.m. one morning as proof that your mommy now needed to take naps. Once I’m out of bed I am up for the day. It can suck when I don’t sleep well. Even so - No naps. HA! That old me went right out the window with a newborn needing me. Between feedings, pumping and random diaper changes, I was getting maybe an hour of sleep at a time. I remember this day exactly because every time I put you down you cried - exhausted and ready to cry myself I wrapped us in a blanket and snuggled with you on the couch telling myself that it wouldn’t hurt to rest my eyes for a minute. Well, I don’t know exactly how long I had my eyes closed, but probably a good three hours. Your daddy has you to thank for seeing me asleep. With your daddy being a night owl, I always wake up before him. So here it is, proof that your daddy was up and dressed and ready to go one morning... way before your mommy was. It’ll probably never happen again so let your daddy have his moment of glory.
Elements and Papers - Twinkle Twinkle, MegaSolids, Live A Little, Hopscotch, Tiny Alpha, Weekend Vibes
AllisonPennington likes this.
    • elaine
      Nice Layout.
      I so remember those days as well.
    • Juliestcyr
      So pretty! Loving that little splatter of gold paint. Kinda makes me think I should take more naps.
    • AnneofAlamo
      How I love this photo, your story and how you tell your precious baby Ben. The snuggle of the blanket is like a nest almost, and you the momma bird, exhausted. I love that Daddy snapped the shot too!
    • Meredith78
      I am RIGHT there with you on the whole sleeping-with-a-baby-around thing!
    • bestcee
      I adore all the little details you added! I love that you expanded on the story to include how you aren't a napper normally, but how that changed with a newborn! The feelings you added, and the part about Daddy are beautiful!
      **Froggy Favorite!**
    • yellowpeep
      I remember that with my babies. Cherish this time. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world to snuggle with a tiny baby in a "nest" as Anne put it. Love the peaceful feeling of this layout. Enjoy, Mama!
    • Karen
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    Aug 26, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    805.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).