KAPOH

Joe's-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Riddle-#9

Joe's-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Riddle-#9
KAPOH, Aug 19, 2017
Description:
My home state one one of the most prolific "stops" on the "Underground Railroad." This location was just one of them in the Columbus OH area. Unfortunately, the location was recently sold and the future of the "Clinton Chapel" is in doubt. Every Easter the local newspaper runs a digital egg hunt. Ten eggs are digitally "hidden" around town and a clue is given daily to each egg's location. Small prizes are awarded after the hunt. Each year my sister and I visit the locations. It has been a WONDERFUL way to learn about and experience the interesting/historical sites in the city where we grew up. This is Riddle #9 from 2014.
JOURNALING:
Joe's Easter Egg Hunt Riddle #9
RIDDLE 9
A chapel built upon a hill
In 1838 is still
Standing amid newer walls
You lie there when the reaper calls.
It was once a railroad station
And this morning's egg location.
ANSWER: Southwick-Good and Fortkamp Funeral Chapel
former underground railroad station.
CREDITS: KIT: Be Amazing by Dawn Inskip; FONT: OldNewspaperType
KarenB and Dalis like this.
    • Tree City
      Oh wow, what a wonderful bit of history for your town! Let's hope the new owners respect such an important past!
      And what a cool Easter tradition the paper has! Your photos are wonderful and I love your page!
    • KarenB
      Love how you put your pictures on jaunty angles. Really fab LO and I love the journaling - all the history and a fun tradition. Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Aug 19, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    129.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).