littlekiwi

Button Box

Button Box
littlekiwi, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
When I used to visit Grandma and Granddads house, I was allowed to play with some buttons in my Grandma’s sewing room but it came with a very stern warning not to touch Grandma’s button box otherwise there would be ‘big trouble’. I never knew what ‘big trouble’ actually meant until one day I tipped over the button box. As punishment I was given a spanking by my Grandma and told to pick up every single one of the buttons that had been tipped out with no help from anyone. I cried, had a tantrum and complained for ages but had no choice but to pick up all the buttons up one by one until they were picked up – granted they were not sorted neatly like they had been but they were picked up. From memory it took me a few hours and I was so embarrassed to have done it. To this day when ever Grandma’s button box is mentioned I go straight back to the three year old me who tipped the button box out.

Storyteller February 2018 by Just Jaimee
Sew Happy by Kristin Aagard
Think Happy Be Happy Dressed Down by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs
Dalis and mcurtt like this.
    • A-M
      This turned out a great page. I enjoyed reading your story. My mother used to have a bottle of buttons we were allowed to play with. I am sure you will find use for that Sew Happy kit again sometime... maybe next year for MOC !
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • Dalis
      OMG, the page turned out AMAZING!!!!!! I think this may be one of my favorite pages from you!!!!! I love it all, the stitches, the sewing elements, the color and the way you did the title but the journaling takes the cake!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • littlekiwi
      @Dalis Oh, thank you sooooo much!
      Dalis likes this.
    • bestcee
      That turned out awesome! I love the big stitched circle, and the button folder tucked in behind the date!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • Iowan
      Great story and love the accents you selected-perfect. Great story. I remember my grandma's button box and have a couple hand-me-down boxes from the family. I remember how they would use the old clothes for rags but always saved the buttons. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Good backdrops for your button escapade. I enjoyed reading your story and could relate. My grandfather (he was a tailor) had a button box, and actually after he passed away, it eventually became mine. I was able to look at it though, and play with the buttons in it as long as the box was securely on the table. I don't ever recall any incidents with it, thank goodness.
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • rlucasmn
      My mom also had a button box, and your story made me remember what a great seamstress she was. Thanks for sharing your story.
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • Lynnette
      Brings back memories of playing with my Mom's button box! I love all the little details you have on here, what a fun page!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • londoncuppa
      This is the best thing you've ever done, Jennifer. It's jaw-dropping good. Love it!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • klee73010
      Love these circle stitches, and how they bring me into the page. Lovely journaling too. I mean the story is kind of sad, but lesson learned, but I just really enjoyed reading it... flowed well. And great colors!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    242.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).