littlekiwi

believe in yourself

believe in yourself
littlekiwi, Feb 17, 2021
Description:
I hope that 2021 is the year I finally get a job in the disability sector. I’m not going to lie, its been a tough five years since I graduated with a Bachelor of Human Services majoring in Disability Studies. Some times I wonder whether it would have been easier and maybe better if I didn’t want to work but then that is not in my nature so I press on with every job application in the hope it will be the one. I am not going to lie, its been tough and grueling with all the highs and lows but each passing month in a way the rejections get easier to handle and I don’t go through quite as much of the rollercoaster of emotions like I did at the start. Maybe it is because I’ve lowered my expectations of the ‘ideal’ job and broadened my geographical search area, maybe it is is because on the whole I get a good number of interviews versus job applications, I don’t know. What isn’t any easier is the actual interview process. I am absolutely fine preparing for job interviews with all the behavioral interview questions and answers and generally do well in the actual interview. The problem for me comes when I am compared with applicants with ten, fifteen, twenty years relevant work experience after the interview. I never look forward to the phone calls with the feedback because I usually know what will be said and I know that there is not much I can do about it. All I can do is keep trying and hoping but gee I hope 2021 is when this job hunting rollercoaster can end as I’m not sure how much longer I can keep going.

Mixed Media Monthly June 2017 Difference/Grace/Accept
2016 Manifesto by Little Butterfly Wings
January is for planning by Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic
I am who I am by Allison Pennington
Work in Progress by Just Jaimee
DJB Tried My Best
mary kate and KarenB like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      great journaling, and fabulous artsy page
    • bellbird
      i have no idea how hard that catch 22 of needing experience to get the job and needing a job to get experience is but this is the perfect story for this journal challenge about hope and i hope this is your year too!
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • cfile
      wonderful journaling Jennifer and wonderful page. I am so happy to see you embracing the mixed media and doing a bit of art journaling. The art journaling is a great way to journal your feelings. I am saying prayers for you that 2021 is better for you in the job search. Beautifully journaled and scrapped with the great colors and paint.
    • KarenB
      This is wonderful! so colourful and creative. Good luck in your continued search and never give up! :)
    • littlekiwi
      @bellbird, it’s a real “catch 22” situation....I’m under experienced and overqualified for the jobs I want with the salary I need to survive then we add the fact I don’t/can’t drive....fun times. Oh and I take out all the home support worker jobs (feeding, showering, groceries and food prep etc) that I a) physically can’t do and again am way way way overqualified for...yep she’s a tough day, week, month, year at the “office” for me.
    • mary kate
      This is beautiful. I love your colour scheme, and your journaling. I really hope something comes through for you.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Feb 17, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).