Pups_r_Paps

ATC-2020-070-My-Mom,-Cinderella

ATC-2020-070-My-Mom,-Cinderella
Pups_r_Paps, Apr 21, 2020
Description:
JOURNALING – There used to be a shoe store in Columbus called “Bakers Shoes”. Every year they would put all of their “sample” sizes (3.5, 4. 4.5) on sale for $1.00 a pair. My mother shopped this bargain sale every year since she wore a size 4. (ASIDE – one year she won a “Cinderella Shoe” contest at a local mall – she was the only shopper who could fit into the “glass slipper” – you guessed it – size 4!) Anyway, my mother would come home with a carload of shoes, as many as 50 pairs. We would line them up on the living room floor and the neighbor ladies would come in and “ooh” and “ahh” over the “haul”. She would let anyone who wore a small size select what they wanted. I don’t remember any neighbors lucky enough, but Mama had two sisters with small feet who would benefit.

CREDITS: GRAPHICS – ClipArt Library and VectorStock; KITS – “Valencia”, Lynn Grieveson; FONTS - Trebuchet MS, Waltograph Regular, Complete in Him
Dalis likes this.
    • Donitab
      Fun, fun - I love the story and all those shoes and of course Cinderella
    • KAPOH
      Oh, this is SO CUTE. Love the Cinderella element. LOVE the "Waltograph" font for "Cinderella." This brings back wonderful memories. We were lucky enough to "benefit" from the bargains when we started wearing "heels" also!
    • flowersgal
      What a fun memory. How lucky your mother was to get all those bargains because she wore such a small size. You have created a great layout and I love the Cinderella figure.
    • mcurtt
      How cute is this! I love the side story about your mother winning the Cinderella contest. Mom and I would go to a Dollar Days sale about a mile from our home. We would always stop at Ursin Shoes and she would madly buy shoes for the entire family. They may have been $1/pair as well...
    • Dalis
      We had a baker's shoes too, but they never did this awesome deal or I would have scored BIG time too. I used to be size 4.5 until I went to college. Now I wear at 7.5. LOL!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Apr 21, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    134.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    457px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).