mcurtt

2020-04_April-TLP_AJ-Week2_Childhood-Memories

2020-04_April-TLP_AJ-Week2_Childhood-Memories
mcurtt, Apr 21, 2020
Description:
Credits: Rebecca McMeen - The Lost Dolls, Jilling, Meloy, LolaRose.

Journaling reads:
Growing up, I loved my dolls.
That isn’t to say that I didn’t like playing in the mud...
My mother would beg to differ. She never dressed me in slacks or shorts, it was always frilly dresses and skirts. There were many a time where I’d be dragged in to get changed, leaving the mud behind. But maybe it was because of my fascination with mud that I always received dolls as presents, for Christmas, for my birthday, for “just because” events. When I was just a couple of years old, I was gifted with my baby doll (pictured). And then when I was a bit older, a BIG doll that looked to be about my age. My uncles bought me a Chatty Cathy (I still own it although she is chatty no longer). And when I begged my mother for a Barbie the first year they were introduced, she didn’t act on it. It wasn’t until the following Christmas that my Aunt Cathy bought me one. I still own her (my bubble-cut blonde Barbie with a red swimsuit) along with her black vinyl carrying case. But by the wayside went a couple of Polish folk dolls sent to me from my relatives in Europe, and a bride’s doll, more of my mother’s liking than mine. I remember the times playing dolls with my friends, or changing and dressing them up, just me and my dollies and precious moments.
Dalis likes this.