BevG

April Muse Week 2

April Muse Week 2
BevG, Apr 20, 2020
Description:
Honest Templates by Lynn Grieveson
Santas Stockings by Lynn Grieveson
Winter Solstice Papers by Kim Jensen
Happiness Is Templates by Lynn Grieveson (Happiness is wordart)

Journaling reads:
I have been organizing photos and came across this one from when I was four. I still have several items in this photo, some 55 years later. The doll in my hands was from Aunt Juanita, my mom’s younger sister. The doll came with a nightgow, dress, and jumper. The jumper is long gone but I have the dress and nightgown. She has lost some hair over the years. There are stitches across her neck and her mouth has a small repair. Yes, she was crying and sad when she was new. I never thought about it, but I suspect she is handmade.

See that wooden box on the left? It only opens if you know secret. Although now it does not always open on the first try. I kept my jewelry in there. And the lamb on the table? It came with plants as a gift when I was born. It sits in my curio cabinet now, along with a baby bottle planter, my first two pairs of shoes, and my birth spoon. My parents still have that round table the lamb is sitting on.

James has been gone for over 30 years. We still miss him. Laurel was just 4 months old.
KarenB, Dalis and Donitab like this.
    • flowersgal
      What wonderful remembrances and I am astonished that you still have so many of these things. Lovely layout. It's fun to see the reds and greens and the little Santa flair at this time of the year.
      BevG likes this.
    • Dalis
      @BevG I love the story behind the doll and all the treasures you still have! I agree with Patsy, it's so nice to see some Christmasy feeling in the gallery right now.
      BevG likes this.
    • BevG
      Dalis likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      fabulous journaling and memory keeping.
      BevG likes this.
    • mcurtt
      I love the inclusion of photos. And I too am impressed by your memory as well as the things you still have in your possession.
      BevG likes this.
    • BevG
      @Angela Toucan & @mcurtt -Thank you. I had not remembered that I had gotten then on the same Christmas until I saw this photo.
    • cookingmylife
      What a wonderful memory to have @BevG Great story telling about the photos. As chilly as it's been lately, I could almost believe we're moving towards winter...almost!
      BevG likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    BevG
    Date:
    Apr 20, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    257.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).