renee82

All About Trains

All About Trains
renee82, Nov 19, 2008
Description:
Another page for a class I'm taking. We had to journal about collections and I figured that our train collection was perfect. Here's the journaling (translated from french):
Thomas the Tank Engine. We must own over fifty of these trains. Red, green, brown and blue, yellow, pink, black and purple, their shiny, colorful and bright paint bring you many hours of play. Each one has a carved individual face and their comical names printed on the bottom of their wooden bodies. Caleb, you have an incredible talent of identifying each one of them, not by color but by their unique facial expressions. Both of you spend hours forming paths with the wooden tracks and making them roll along the mountains, bridges and curves. You connect them together by their magnetic ends and forme long lines of trains that run through your track designs. These simple toys bring you so much happiness and joy and you enjoy them so much! Caleb, you get so excited if anyone plays with you and youre so proud of your huge collection that is continually growing. Mathieu, youve been able to walk along the table and push the trains along the tracks since before you were ten months old! The truth is, that we, your parents and various family members enjoy these trains as much as you do! Its a challenge for us to create the perfect layout and make sure they all connect to produce the perfect little town. I have to admit, that the day we will have to these trains away will bring me lots of sadness, but I understand that children grow out of certain toys and life moves on. Its all part of growing up. Up until one day when Im going through old boxes and I come across the one containing the trains and I open it up and the smell of wood and paint invades my senses and brings me back to all the wonderful hours we spent together playing with these trains. These are some of the most precious memories of your childhood I have and I keep them close to my heart. Thank you! I love you!
Everything from www.the-lilypad.com:
Background paper and arrow from Naturel: The Essentiels and tag from Graphies by Guest designer CD Muskoky
Chunky Alphabet Soup, trains from Clickity Clack
and green paper from Chillin' Papers all by Jacque Larsen
Others:
Daily Birdie font and template (from listmania class) by Audrey Neal
    • Jheri
      wow Rene... your journaling is so heartfelt! Great design - I love the little arrow pointing to the pile. :)
    • Karen
      Wow! that is an impressive collection. My boys would be so jealous! We too have a huge stash of wooden train goodies and they play with them constantly too. I love the picture of your mound of trains and your journaling is great!
    • nockosh
      Oh I can soooo relate to this!! We have a huge bucket of them, I\'ve never counted them but I know its heaps! I love your journaling, its wonderful!
    • JeanH
      Great layout. Love the simplicity, the journaling and the sense of movement in how you placed the photos and the element.
    • jstbkuz
      beautiful journaling, looks like jaz\'s collection but i think she has more track than trains. LEvi is constantly bying track to make new things and it drives me insane.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    renee82
    Date:
    Nov 19, 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count: