Cherylndesigns

Africa Trip Page 4

Africa Trip Page 4
Cherylndesigns, Mar 20, 2019
Description:
When the mission group entered Kayamundi Village, they saw this huge HIV billboard. HIV is so rampant there and most of these kids are HIV orphans, some being raised by Grannies who can hardly care for themselves. My sister Gayla is in the middle picture with two of the children that we co-sponsored.

Credits: lgrieveson_lots-of-shots3-5; PaulaKesselring_BasicWhitePapers_CU1_(5); soco_FallingLeaves_solid03.
LynnG and Electra like this.
    • Electra
      Really wonderful photos!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Electra Thanks Electra. I told my sister the other night that she needed to take more photos. She's such a wonderful photographer!! She just captures the essence of people and places.
      Electra likes this.
    • mcurtt
      What a billboard. Yes, it makes you think... Those kids look happy in spite of what has been dealt them...
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt That's the truth! They do seem happy in spite of their living conditions. That's all they've ever known, so their spirits are beautiful.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • flowersgal
      What a wonderful photo of your sister and the sign reminds us of the loss many have suffered.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal That sign tears me up every time I look at these pictures, Patsy. Like I said up above, HIV/AIDS is rampant there and most of these kids are orphans. I love that picture of Gayla with the kids. The little girl is one of ours, her name is Zenele and the bigger boy is as well. His name is Masibulele.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Mar 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    81.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).