052021JC-SoLoved
AnotherAmanda, May 31, 2021
Description:
May 2021 - Journaling Challenge - Letter To A Special Woman/Mother Figure
Font - Remington Noiseless
Journaling -
Dear Jo Ann,

I was so lucky to know you and to have you in my life as a friend and a mother-in-law. You were always kind and loving. Before COVID, I missed meeting you at the mall for lunch and shopping during the week. I missed seeing you being a grandma to Ben and taking care of George. I know you'd be proud of how Todd has handled everything with George.

I'm glad you weren't one of those dreaded mother-in-laws that seems to be in every TV show and movie. You made our lives so much better and I still miss you. I wish you had told us you were ill so we could have been more prepared, but I understand why you didn't. You didn't want to worry us and you always were so optimistic that I'm sure the alternative never crossed your mind.

I like to look back at the pictures we took when we went on vacation together. The cruises you and George treated us to were both amazing. I think my favorite might have been the two week trip you and I took to visit my family in PA and your hallowed ground at Williamsburg. I think of you every time we get a flier from them asking for donations for whatever project they're about to start or currently have ongoing. I wish you could be with us whenever we drag Ben there. Todd's adamant that when he's a little older we'll have to take him to your favorite place for a trip.

I think of you when I would go to the mall (pre-COVID) and get some ice cream or when I would treat Ben to a surprise cookie while we were running random errands mid-week. I hope Ben and I can start doing that stuff again soon.

You'd be so proud of Ben. He reminds me of you when he's talking to new people or just watching what Todd and I are doing. He's a happy kid. I bet he was a lot like you when you were his age – but probably without the train fixation because I honestly can't picture anyone being quite as obsessed with trains as Ben is.

I wish things had been different. I wish you could have been here still. You might have been living in our guest room during COVID because why not? Maybe we'd have started getting on each others nerves a week or two in but it'd be okay.

This makes me sad.

Amanda

Elements and Papers - SB Grief, Braver, Stronger, Smarter (Collaboration), MMA You Are Magical (R Jefferies) Marjoram Nature (R McMeen)
Styles - Shadows (Mommyish)
    • bcgal00
      What touching journaling! Your page is so beautiful!
    • ArmyGrl
      You've crafted such a lovely memory page in honor of your MIL. Beautiful layout and such heartfelt journaling.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    May 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    205.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).