When was your last haircut?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Nov 1, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I got a few inches taken off today and it feels good. I have fine, thin hair so if it gets too long (past my shoulders) it just sort of hangs there like a wet noodle :)

So, no fancy layers or style to it, just long layers with a very long tapered bang....but man....if feels good! So of course I got my phone out and snapped a new avatar pic LOL.

What about you? How long ago, how often and what do you have done?

MrsPeel, Chippi and bbymks5 like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm a new person as far as haircuts since last February. Before I cut my hair as short as you see in my avatar (which was at the end of February) I used to go in for a haircut once a year, in September or October. For many years I cut it chin or shoulder length, occasionally with very long layers, but I haven't had bangs since high school. By June, when it was getting hot each year, my hair would be long enough to pull into a ponytail or clip, which I did every day.

In summer 2016 I started to feel bored/annoyed by that pulled back style. I've always disliked my hair in my face, so leaving it down and long is not something I considered. I started thinking about cutting it super super short. Finally, last February, I went for it.

Since then, to maintain it, I've returned to the same hair stylist about every 6-8 weeks. She's very meticulous and makes it look more feminine despite being so short. For my second short haircut in April, I actually tried going to the cheap chain haircut place I went to for years, but they didn't do nearly as good a job, so since then I keep going back to the same lady at the more expensive salon. I decided I'm probably spending the same amount of money as when my hair was long. Before it was on shampoo; now it's on haircuts. :) Plus at the salon the shampoo is included and I enjoy the head massage! I've never had my nails done or things like that, so this year I've felt like these haircuts are a very good treat.

Sometimes I think I might want to go back to chin or shoulder length hair, but I really haven't missed it. I love the freedom of my hair never tickling my face and it being so quick and easy to wash and go.

Li Li Wee and bcgal00 like this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

My last was about 2 weeks ago. It had been awhile - I think July. It had grown out past my shoulders a lot from my avi. This time, I cut about 6 inches and it's a bob. I love it, and styling is so much faster! I don't have patience to spend a lot of time on my hair, I like my sleep in the mornings, lol! I also went lighter copper and blond highlights. That, I'm not so sure about! Ugh! My mom loves it, and I've had great compliments, but I miss the red. We shall see if it lasts!

bcgal00 likes this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm fairly certain my last cut was either end of May of beginning of June...I'd have to go back to my summer layouts to know for sure LOL!

I really do need to get a trim though...I'm trying to grow it so it's even on both sides so I can go back to my very a-line bob.

bcgal00 likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Yesterday! I get it cut and conditioned every 5 weeks. I also have thin and limp hair, so it looks so much better when I get it trimmed on a regular basis. The deep conditioning also helps give it more bounce!

bcgal00 likes this.
  6. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I go every 8 weeks for a cut and color.

bcgal00 likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I try to go every couple of months for a trim and color, but sometimes it's more like 3 months or so, depending on what's going on and how much time I have. I have really fine thin hair and it's about down to my bra strap in the back with long layers.

bcgal00 likes this.
  8. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

October 6, but I'm due for a cut and highlights Friday morning. With short hair, I need to go every 4 weeks. I can always tell when it's time to get it cut because my bangs grow down into my eyes.

bcgal00 likes this.
  9. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Usually every 6 months when I go back to visit my mum. My hairdresser lives up there and I :beat her! This year, we didn't go back up in the middle of the year because my mum and sister went to Europe. I bought a couple of those snap on, level haircut helper tools, and got hubby to cut it. Nowhere near as nice as a proper haircut, no layering or thinning, but when your hair is weighing you down, it just has to happen. I went from lower-back to just below my shoulders. It was wonderful!!

bcgal00 likes this.
  10. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Religiously every 4 weeks. I have short hair plus my gray starts showing at my temples and that just has to go. Plus with working in a professional office I need it to look nice.

bcgal00 likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My last cut was about two weeks ago, but before that it was APRIL! That's the longest I've gone without in a long time and it wasnt' really by choice. My hair dresser was dealing with some health issues and a surgery, so she had to take time off... She actually had to cancel my last scheduled appointment which was for the end of June. She even gave me the name of another lady and forwarded my color info, but I just didn't want to risk a new person because I love my lady so much... so I just waited her out. Since I'm wearing my hair curly these days and was kinda growing it out anyway, it wasn't too bad... except for the color. I desperately needed color by then! Lol! now I usually go every 12 weeks and I have a touch up kit to do my grey stripe in between. :)

12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

@Karen
    You have a grey strip!! Sigh! My grandma had a beautiful swipe of grey before she went all grey and it was stunning!

I get my hair cut on the average 2x a year.

13. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have long curly hair and I get it cut every 6 months or so... I used to hold out about 18 months, but to keep it growing good, I really need to go more often. I finally found a stylist I love, and I have been going to see her for about four years. She even straightens out my curls afterwards, which I love and can’t do on my own very well. It lasts a few days and then I go back to normal. It’s just a nice change for a couple of days.

Anyhow I actually just scheduled a cut a few days ago for the day before Thanksgiving.

bestcee likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah. I of course hate it, but my hair lady keeps trying to get me to leave it. She thinks it looks so cool. I think it ages me and I don't wanna! :giggle

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Unfortunately, it usually only gets cut once or twice a year. I think my last cut was January. I go to an expensive place so I'm always last on the list. The husband & the kids go to Great Clips every other month or so.

bestcee likes this.
  16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

It wouldn't age you! You would be your own Trend setter that we would all be jelly of and wish we had that!

Karen likes this.
  17. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I go today! Since cutting my hair short, I go every 5 weeks... at noon on a Thursday (first appointment of the day), always. Any other day or time, I will completely forget my appointment. I always schedule my next appointment as I leave my current one, but I'm thinking that I should have scheduled my next two last time since my next one will be in December during their busy season. Sure hope I can find a Thursday noon appointment that works... I'll switch up weeks (4 or 6) before I give up that time slot... lol!

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

October 11. With my thick curly-ish hair, I can go a bit past 6 weeks and then one morning, it's TIME! I have two women at one of the local Hair Cutteries who do a great job and I told the one I know better that I do want to alternate. She and I are closer outside the salon and this year she was out for a couple months after a cancer scare.

I just have a wash and cut and then go home and shake all the little bits away, slap on a bit of gel, and I'm good to go. My hair is funny in that as the days go by and it gets dirtier, it gets curlier. You can see how it sticks up first in my current Halloween avatar. With the dirt it seems to get a LOT of body. Weird.

19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

My hair is fine, but I have tons of it and it has lots of wave to it. The longer I grow it the curlier it gets. Think ringlets. I cut my own hair, watched YouTube videos, and it works well. When it gets below my waist, I cut off six inches or so. Since I stopped eating grains four years ago, I no longer have split ends. So it looks healthy, despite the length.

20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My hubby chopped mine off in June during a lice infestation. Ugh! I hadn't been to a salon for years. I cut my own bangs & about once a year I had a friend come and trim it up for me.

About a month ago I actually made an appointment and got a style. First time in YEARS. I actually really like it & I'll probably be making an appointment every 6 weeks to keep the style going....