Things you can't finish | Pad Patter 1.18.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 18, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm about 5 pages behind in MOC but that is ok with me, I can turn that around; my ironing pile though, that's a lost cause. I'll never see that basket empty. I feel like I'm always throwing out mascara before events because they go clumpy so fast and it annoyed me today to throw out a few jars of condiments past their used by date - i thought chilli based sauces would be a staple of post-apocalyptic diets but alas, they have used by dates too and we just don't eat them that frequently.

What are you struggling to finish at the moment or you just can't ever seem to get through? Or have you got tricks for getting through things (or an ironing service...)?

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't iron and I don't wear make-up, so that helps. :D

I can't think of anything I'm struggling to finish. My struggles are more about getting started. My messy kitchen cabinets (including the one that's basically a pantry) are overdue for reorganization. I keep saying January is for scrapping and February is for organizing, but honestly this is a task I've been meaning to get around to for several months.

Also for several months I've been struggling to get back into photography. I don't want to be as obsessed as I was a few years ago -- that's when I nearly stopped scrapping completely -- but I do want to keep practicing and improving and spend more time at Clickinmoms like I spend a lot of time here at TLP. But it isn't coming naturally yet.

I do often have old food we fail to finish before it's questionable. And I hate throwing away food too. I think part of the solution for me would be to spend time planning my meals, but I dropped that habit long ago and I'm struggling to re-establish it.

But this month is for scrapping! I want to put a giggling emoticon here, but all the editing buttons are just little squares, not images, and I don't remember which is for emoticons. I even clicked on More Options thinking that'd shake things into working, but no. I think the forum might be overwhelmed by all the MOC'ers. :D That one I can make simply by typing a colon followed by a capital letter D.

bellbird likes this.
  3. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I'm struggling to finish pages from our last Disney trip. It's coming up on two years now and there are always new things to scrap instead.

Also, my daughter's room. We painted and got her a new bed and bedding over 6 months ago and there are a few finishing touches left - curtains & wall art. I just can't quite get it done!

bellbird likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't know if this falls under the "can't get it done" but rather I haven't gotten done yet... I purchased a rather expensive series of art journaling classes a little over a year ago called 48 weeks. So there are 48 lessons to be done and it's taken me forever to work my way through them. Partially because each lesson has many layers and lots that have to dry overnight and then I only manage to find time to play with them on the weekends and only then if I'm not already busy. I've finished 19 of them now, so it might take me another two or three years, but I'll finish them someday!

I totally hear you on the mascara... I feel like it's clumpy almost as soon as I open it brand new. Sigh. That reminds me, I need a new mascara. :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

These big bags of assorted individual bags of chips and things!
    flavor_20_number_large.jpg
    I swear they do it on purpose...there's always one flavor in there that no one wants to eat, and it's one there is the most of. I love these for their convenience and quick lunch packing, but I have enough crunchy Cheetos in my pantry to last 40 years lol. I went through one day and put them all in one bag and labeled it our zombie apocalypse bag. I figure if everyone is starving they might eat them!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:giggle That's hysterical! But I love the crunchy ones. What's wrong with your family! Ha ha!

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Laundry is a never-ending struggle because my family refuses to just go naked everywhere.

bellbird, bestcee and Karen like this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Things I can't finish... does the last bite of a sandwich count? For some reason, I can't do... I always leave one last bite.

Let's see, scrapping? I can't finish my 2016 PL book for some reason. I'm on week 51 for crying out loud! I just can't get motivated to finish it up. I've got the end of November and all of December 2017 to finish up as well... but at least I'm still making progress on those pages.

Home... I just can't finish decorating the house. We've lived here 4.5 years and still don't have anything hung on the walls.

bellbird likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

They're weirdos :crazy3 I like the crunchy ones, too, but I don't eat them often enough to keep up with what's left over lol

Karen likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

I know, right. I totally get nudist colonies...it's just a bunch of people who don't want to do laundry! :giggle

Karen, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Stuff around the house... Hang curtains in my room (we have shades, but I need to go get the new curtains), paint a small area in the bathroom, replace a lightbulb in Colin's room (a chore).. more stuff like that. I'm procrastinating. It will get done... eventually.

I use mascara every day... clumping happens when I need a new tube, lol! By then, I am overdue, and add a little contact lens solution to make it last a little longer and get the clumps gone.

Karen and bellbird like this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hahahaha! We just replaced our washer/dryer with huge new ones... I can get 2 load basically done at once. No more walking around naked! :giggle (Just kidding!)

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

I do the same with sandwiches if that last bite is a corner of the bread. If I eat it so the last bite is not a corner, I'll finish it. Maybe I'm a weirdo lol.

I have one big accent wall in my house that we painted like 5 years ago and all it has on it is a clock because I can't decide what to do with it. Sometimes it bugs me and sometimes I'm just like "meh" whatever.

bellbird likes this.
  14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Clothes are the bane of my existence. The whole process -- washing, folding, putting away -- is hateful and I just don't have the time when I'm working. The basement is full of clean clothes in various states of folding/hanging/waiting around for someone to do something with them, and my dresser has more clothes on top of it than in it. #realtalk

ashleywb, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Getting all the crap out of my basement. I've been working on it for over 3 years. I want it gone but I hate going down to work on it. For one, it is cold down there! But I think there is some leakage problems behind some paneling so I have to get it done so that can be looked at... too much stuff to get through right now.

The other is my aromatherapy course. It is an online course that you can do at your own speed. I got it in the fall of 2015. There are 13 modules and I haven't even completed the 1st one. I will say though that there were website issues in the beginning that didn't help. About 6 months in they switched to a different platform and I was locked out of it for 9 months and the IT person doing the site was not very helpful. In November a new web team was brought in and the platform changed again (much, much better). I did get several lessons done then but haven't gotten back into it. Thank goodness it is "lifetime access"!

bellbird likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, you know sometimes use by dates are just arbitrary things that companies put on them to get you to buy new ones? :backing:hide or because they don't think the flavor is as good after that date? Seriously. Popcorn kernals- ya know, the thing that they have found in tombs still good? The store puts a 1 year use by date. And yet, my 5 year old popcorn pops just as good as it did day 1.
    Switch ya! The Fritos are the ones I start giving away to my friends because we don't eat them. Cheetos are gone almost first!

We were guilted into that last night. The lightbulb died on Saturday.

bellbird likes this.
  17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Ditto on this. We buy one similar that has plain corn chips, which I love, but don't eat often and my kids hate them. So they sit there until I decide to have a bag. ROFL

IntenseMagic and bellbird like this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Just can't finish:
    • School for this week. Because I just can't get back into school mode.i could have finished Tuesday!
    • Lego sets. We bought a mixed batch months ago! I sorted it out, made some kits with the books, but haven't been able to finish the last few sets so we can mix all of the left overs into the rest of the Legos.
    • Cleaning the pantry. I've done half of it. But there's still soup and oil sitting on my counter.
    • Moving the book cases around. Again, should have been done in December!

bellbird likes this.
  19. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Mail and receipts.

All of my important statements are paperless, so 90% of what I get in the mail is junk. I have my husband put it in a bin for me and I sort through it every couple of weeks or so. That's how it supposed to be. The last time I sorted it was back in October and my bin is now full. I see that he has started is a new pile of just my mail, since my bin is now in the bedroom as a reminder to do something about it.

Similarly, my receipts have been piling up. Every now and then I think I want to keep track of them and save them, but then I change my mind and set them aside to be shredded. I have so many of those piled up that I've given up putting them in one place and they are beginning to become scattered around my bedroom.

Of course, the longer I put off running it all through the shredder, the bigger the piles get, and the less I want to do it.

bellbird likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

Deal!! We love the Fritos!!