"The order of the Factors....

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by MrsPeel, Jan 14, 2018.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

..... ...doesn't alter the product."
    (or some like that, as I am translating from latin languages, but I think it has to do with multiplication/addition/subtraction rules, doesn't matter which order you put them, the result will be the same)

I remember this from math classes (I hated math and to these day I'm no good with numbers....!!!!) and as I have decided to actually start scrapping MOC ... I'm wondering which challenge to start with to make it easier for me
    I'm obsessive with which photo, which font, even the staple takes me a browse of my whole stash!!!:giggle

I think I will start with Throwback photo as I know how to find a photo without browsing for ages...

Have you started and doing it in order?

If not, which one did you start with?

or if you changed the sequence, which one did you leave for later?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hi my dear... I started in order and continue in order.. I am OCD that way.. if I am out of order I get confused and afraid I might miss something. I do it the first thing every day so I am on top of things. as far as playing catch up, I would still do in order :) Can't wait to see your pages my dear Cynthia @MrsPeel .. so glad to see you sound better and up to scrapping :)

3. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I remember not posting them in my LOs thread until I had the sequence, can't remember where was that I stopped scrapping in sequence last year, but I think I made 30 pages... not too bad!!! I'm looking forward to get started now!!!!

cfile likes this.
  4. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I am with @cfile on that. I do them in order but had to post one (the sketch one) a couple of days later because it was with the new PRD product. Oh, the agony!!! Now my layout thread is not consecutive!!! But I HAVE to post them there right away once I post, so waiting with that is not an option either, :). I am so anal when it comes to doing things chronically.

5. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

This is me as well. I started in order and continue in order. I think I get confused and lost if I skip a challenge and have to come back later. If I wasn't caught up, I'd still continue to do the challenges in order.

I can't wait to see your pages!!

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I do them in any old order based on what inspires me at the time. I do have a bookmark folder with a link to each challenge, as I complete them I delete the link.

7. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

I’m with @littlekiwi I’m just found the “easiest” ones first. I loved the mood board challenge but it really got me stuck and I was only able to finish it last night. It was the last one I did and then I was caught up. So there is no way I can do it in order :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

I'm the same way as Christa! LOL Course I have a LOT of catching up to do but will still pick up where I left off!

MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

So far (this is my third MOC) I've been doing them in order. Actually I don't remember for sure about the first year; that was so long ago! But last year I scrapped almost every page the day it was assigned; if not, then the following day.

As for this year, even though I was on a vacation, away from my Photoshop, for 8 days, so I only had the first 3 layouts done until last night, I'm STILL wanting to go in chronological order. It feels better to me. Kind of like Christa and Saar said, I might miss one or otherwise mess up if I don't go in order. So, even though yesterday's template challenge was a tempting way to jump back into scrapping (I usually do the monthly template challenge first too), I did Day 4 and 5 layouts last night, in order.

Now it's time for me to learn about dispersion. It feels like the only really difficult challenge that was posted while I was on my vacation. I've been very grateful every day I read the assignments on my phone while I was on vacation, that they were all so easy. People-less photos? I was taking dozens a day on my trip. Twenty photos in one layout? I do that a lot already! I even scanned many old photos on my vacation because I was visiting my parents and recording some old family history.

Okay, I need to stop talking about it and scrap. :D

MrsPeel, Saar and cfile like this.
  10. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

It's the Order of Operations for math, and it *absolutely* matters what order they are in and what answer you will end up with. If you change the order of some parts, then the answer can change.

However, for the challenges it really doesn't matter. I always go chronologically so I know where I stand. If I had to skip one, I would make a date entry anyway and move on, then put the appropriate LO on the appropriate date. But I'm weird that way.

Plus, I figure it likely makes it easier on Julie and the other reviewers to know that no challenge is double counted or missed if they can match the LOs with the order of the challenges.

11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm another in order person :-) I have always done them in order so it I would be especially scared now that I would forget to go back and do a skipped challenge because I would assume that I must of done it already. (Wow... that was a crazy sentence... but hopefully it made sense).

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Always in order for me too, lol! It would mess with the little OCD part of my brain otherwise! HA!

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm another "in order" person. I try to scrap each day's challenge ON THAT DAY so I know it's done before I move on. If I miss a day, I go back to the oldest one I missed and go forward. My layouts have to be in order. This is my 3rd MOC and it's worked for me!

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I do them in order.
    But, if I was starting now I wouldn't.
    I would do
    1) Blind Scrap
    10) clean and simple
    5) peopleless
    2) sketch
    13) template
    3) mood board
    6) dispersion
    9) advice
    4) change your view
    7) collage
    8) bingo
    11) special day
    14) document your day
    12) throwback photo
    There is a rhyme to my madness. Lol.

15. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Yeah, I remember something about that "order" rule in math, and those dang parentheses use to hang me up every time!!! Never could remember what to do first! Anyway, I remember my first year, (this is my third) I started late and felt I had to do them in order or I would get my hand slapped. Everything had to be PERFECT. I sweated over every layout. "Would they find something wrong?" " Would it be disqualified" etc etc etc. Last year, I relaxed a bit and don't think I put them in order. I just did them as I felt, but still stressed out. I remember getting up early to check and see if the challenge had been put up yet.
    This year???? Yeah, ok!!! Not so much. Just having FUN!!! I started on day 9 and by day 11 had them all sitting in a folder. I started uploading them, in order, on the 11th. For some reason, I am liking putting them up in order. Seems to keep me on track. But the main thing is the nerves are calm this year and I am just having fun and totally enjoying this!!!! If they are right, GOOD! If I do one wrong-----oh well, tell me and I will do it over again!!! And NO telling me I did it wrong @AnneofAlamo just so you will get me to do more layouts!!! Yeah, I saw your little note!!! :rofl You're a hoot!!!

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.
  16. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I have been doing each layout on the day...so I'm in order....but if I missed I day I would still stay in order.

MrsPeel, bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Always in order for me, but if I miss a day - then I tend to work backwards, just because there was a reason I didn't get right to it. You can do it @MrsPeel we are all cheering you on!

18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I'm so happy to see you scrapping again!
    The throwback photo will be easy for you, and I think the "change your view". You've amazed me in the past on this matter, and I'm looking forward to see all your pages.
    Me, I thought I did them in order, but now I realize it's 1 - 2 - 4 - 3 - 6 - 5 - 7 - 9 - 8 - 12 - 11 -10. The c&s was the hardest for me. Normally, I can use all the elements in a kit and still want more!

MrsPeel, bestcee and cfile like this.
  19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

So funny - see, that's the one challnege that kept me from being caught up yesterday ... I love it so much that I can't decide which to use! A really old photo, a vintage photo of me as a child, or one of my kids when they were tiny ... I spent a few hours browsing old photos and taking a sweet walk down memory lane instead of finishing my page. :giggle I'm not an in order person - I jumped around a tiny bit.

If you are starting late - pick the one that will get you going quickly! So glad you are jumping in Cynthia!

Karen, MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  20. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I do them in order. But...I'm still working on one of the earlier challenges because I'm not happy with the LO. Since my thread needs to be in order, I have a post for it that's marked "Placeholder," so the rest of my thread isn't out of order.

mcurtt, MrsPeel and cfile like this.