Printing Yearbook for My church? need help?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Sep 10, 2017.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am about to sit down and do 20 pages to make a yearbook for my church. I want to print about 50 softcover books.
    Talk to me about your publishing experience.
    I would love to do it A4 8x10 size?

2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I really like Blurb for these kinds of things. (I did the ImageWrap 8x10-ish) hardcover books for all my cheer books. They have some drag and drop options or you can upload your completed photoshopped pages. They have various plug-ins that may/may not be applicable. I know they do an extra 10% with 10+ books. You'd need to check their website if they have a greater discount with 50.

bestcee likes this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Blurb also has a magazine option. I printed 4 magazines last year for my digital art and love the quality. I went with the best quality paper option. Size is 8.5x11. Pricing is fantastically low. The only caveat was that pages had to be in multiples of 4. But pages are around .20, so even if you end up with a few blank pages, it won't break the bank.

4. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

5. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Ooh! The magazine sounds neat!! I'm going to take a look. Anne, the 4 page requirement doesn't apply to the books. Keep the logo. They let you remove it but increase the price 25%. The upgraded paper is really nice. Order it for your copy :) But the standard paper is perfectly acceptable. I always do the upgraded paper for the cheer books, but Courtney's book was too big so I had to do regular. It's still a lovely book.

mcurtt likes this.
  6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I think Blurb would be perfect for a project like this!

7. AnneofAlamo

I keep looking at the magazine and think it would be marvelous option! I can always do more pages!

bestcee, mcurtt and enjoyyourpix like this.
  8. mcurtt

@AnneofAlamo Check out this link from the gallery. I go into detail about my dealings with Blurb, and in one of the messages there, I actually link back to the magazines that I made. Hopefully you can see them. The quality is like the Stampington publications, I was SUPER thrilled with how they turned out. Currently their magazines are at a 25% discount thru September 15th, but if you don't make that deadline, they do offer sales pretty regularly. I got my 4 magazines (all different) at their Black Friday sale in November 2016 at 50% off, but I've never seen that big of a discount on the magazines since.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/your-art-journaling-in-2017.45884/

9. AnneofAlamo

I love the magazine idea. I am planning on doing dec16 thru nov 17, and have a few sparse months, so I think 20 pages is perfect! I loved seeing your mag too @mcurtt ! thank you! I just registered with blurb and am gonna do it!

mcurtt likes this.
  10. mcurtt

11. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I LOVE York Photo - I do "yearbooks" for my kids every year with them :)

12. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Wow! That sounds like big project @AnneofAlamo ! I've never done anything like this, other then photo books, so I'm really of no help.(Although, I must check out Blurb; thanx ladies.) And best of luck on this huge project of yours! :-)

13. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

wow! @mcurtt i love the magazines! i just wish they had other sizes...i only do 12x12 layouts! would be great for a week in the life project that i always want to do but dont! lol!

bestcee and mcurtt like this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a cool project! I was coming to say that Marilyn has done magazine with Blurb, but she beat me to it. :giggle I have printed my last couple of books with Blurb and have been very happy with their results. I too am hoping that they have a 50% sale again before Christmas like they did last year because i have another 12x12 book ready to go! :)

mcurtt likes this.
  15. mcurtt

@Karen I am SO jealous! I need to get my "butt" in gear and create a few in advance of the sale. I normally print my own layouts, but I'm so far behind in printing, I thought that the magazine feature would work for me, maybe my 2016 layouts, my MOC for 2017, etc., break it down into logical groupings. I had high hopes of putting together something, but it just hasn't happened yet. And with me and the size of all of my layouts, the magazine is perfect, plus it is so easy to drop them into the pages. Granted it isn't a hard-cover, but the soft-cover is substantial. Do you load your completed book onto the site or just sit back and wait until the sale? I haven't figured out what would work the best...

@AnneofAlamo Your thread has given me some motivation to get things done. And when you are completed with your project, you'll have to share your preview link so we can all admire it. :-)

Karen likes this.
  16. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

This thread has convinced me but I really need to give a Blurb a try. Good luck with your project Anne.

Karen likes this.