NEW Chatbook!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Sokee, May 21, 2017.

1. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Fun! We've tried the 6x6 chatbooks - I'm glad to see the 8x8 will have a hardcover option. All the pages I've printed are 8x8, but I tend to slip them into albums rather than have books printed since I don't scrap chronologically. But, this would be cool for a themed book - maybe a vacation.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

The 6x6 come in hardcover too!!! I'm excited about these 8x8!!

3. LoveItScrapIt

So this was their response:

"Hello Kiana!

Thank you for checking in with Chatbooks! I am so excited to see some 8x8 love in my inbox. We have been anxiously awaiting this latest release for a long time, and we are also so so excited about it!:)

That is a great question! Our 8x8 books are all of the same great quality and feel as our 6x6 books. It uses the same printing processes and everything. The only new thing is the size of your book...and of course the option to do full bleed photos on your pages. That is another feature I am super excited about!

Thank you for choosing Chatbooks! If there is anything else I can help you with, please don’t hesitate to let me know, Kiana! I am always happy to help.:)

Your Chatbooks BFF,

Hillary
    #holdwhatmatters"

and this is the link to their quality information
    https://chatbooks.helpshift.com/a/c...ok-what-type-of-paper-and-ink-do-you-use&l=en

4. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Oh, I didn't realize - good to know!

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmm.... will that print well at 8x8?

I'm not understanding the math... the 450 dpi for 1875 at a size of 6x6 is throwing me off?

I always thought that for printing for our pages, the 300 dpi was the best option. At 1875 x 1875 using 300 dpi, I believe the best print would be the 6x6 (6.25). I would think for 300 dpi, you would want 2400 x 2400 for an 8x8 print, but they are saying 1875.

Color me confused and not understanding something. Help!

bellbird and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't think there is anything like doing a test. One person's great might be another's Meh. I'll def try this company.

7. LoveItScrapIt

Yeah they don't have the specs for the 8x8 up there yet, so not sure about the math

Right. I'll try it out and if I like it I'll stick with it, it's one awesome deal. Where you get 20 pages at places like Shutterfly you can get 60 pages for $24!!! You can't beat that. So if I like the quality it will be my go to.

keepscrappin and jk703 like this.
  8. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE this <3

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I've never tried chatbooks, but would love the 8x8 size.

Let us know what you think. I curious too about the quality. I've done a couple of the free 8x8 shutterfly books this year and have loved them, so it would be great to have more options. Is it easy to get your layouts in the correct order in the books?

10. LoveItScrapIt

Now that's the only part I haven't liked. I use the website option and pull from a set FB album that I have labeled for the book I want to make for the pictures I've had done. And my photos haven't been in order. So I don't know for sure about that part.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm following this thread - never heard of chatbooks but seeing they print 8x8 which is my go-to size with shutterfly and that they apparently ship to Aust, i'm excited to see some screen shots of real scrap pages in one of their books