Need Calendar Printing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by BevG, Oct 28, 2017.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Need some help. In the past, I have created 12x18" hang-top calendars for my Mother-in-law to give as gifts. I create one 12 month design layout and then swap out the photos to create a custom version for each family member that is getting one from her. I have some old pics she got for me and I stalk the family on Facebook for new pics.

She wants 9 different ones this year and doesn't want to spend lots of money. I am looking for something around $20 each if I can find it. I need a wall calendar where I can customize both the picture top and the calendar bottom (i.e. birthdays, holidays, etc.).

Previous calendars have been on the heavier paper used for page prints, but I am open to using lighter weight. I am also open to using a flip up one (wire in the middle instead of the top).

So have you printed calendars and where? Did you like the paper thickness?

The place I printed at in the past is too costly. Ideally, I need a place that will let me upload a pdf for the full page (or a page for the top and another for the bottom for the middle wire ones).

Here is a page that I created in last year's calendar:
    [​IMG]

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have had good luck printing through Office Depot. Since you're designing the whole thing, for the best price don't use their calendar option, have it printed as a bound presentation instead. You can choose the paper weight and everything to make it fit within your budget!

bestcee and BevG like this.
  3. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I've used Mixbook.com to make 12x12 calendars so they are 12x24 when hanging on the wall. I put my layout on the top and the calendar on the bottom.

BevG likes this.
  4. BevG

I noticed they currently have a 50% coupon, but it expires tomorrow. Obviously I am not going to make that. Do they have coupons often?

5. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

They do have coupons often. I'm not going to b ready by tomorrow either! I chatted with them once and suggested that they offer "buy ahead" coupons. In other words buy the calendar now, but print in about a month. Unfortunately, they don't do that! But just wait -- there will be another coupon soon.

BevG likes this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

shutterfly has a free calendar write now, ends sunday. code is luckyme. you just pay shipping.

7. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I just got calendars back from Shutterfly for my mother and MIL and this year I went for the rounded corner cards that sit in a little wooden holder. Something different for me, and I really like how they turned out.

GlazeFamily3 and BevG like this.
  8. BevG

I saw that, but yeah, not happening by tomorrow. Thing is I pretty much have to decide where I am printing them so I can make the project the right size. I really like the top hanging ones that Presto Print has (13.5x19"). Right now, that is where I am thinking of going (top hanging is $23 for 12 months, no cover). I had them print a softcover album for me and was quite pleased with how it turned out. The pricing on their website is hard to figure out but their upload tools work great.

But keep those ideas coming!!!

9. BevG

I saw those! Very cute, but she wants the wall calendars.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I liked the calendar I printed with Shutterfly. I would have liked it more if I had designed my calendar for their process. I added my pages as toppers, and just used their grid layout, which you can customize. My pages weren't the perfect size for toppers, because I designed them as full layouts. That was 2 years ago. But the quality itself was nice.

11. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I’ve been printing my calendars at AdoramaPix for several years. 8x8 tops and bottoms. That size fits nicely on my French-door refrigerator. The paper is nice and can be written on if you choose to. You can use your layouts for each half or use their generic bottom, which can be customized.
    fallcalendar.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    BevG likes this.