mindless time suckers | pad patter 2.19.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 19, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

In today's digital age it's easy to lose an hour or more of your day to mindless time suckers. I fall into the trap so easily and have really had to make a conscious effort to not get sucked in. My worst time sucker lately has been Netflix. I can easily waste 2-3 hours binge-ing on Netflix. I started watching Netflix while ice-ing my shoulders and wrists. Big mistake... I'm now hooked on White Collar and have watched almost 4 seasons of it! I'm gonna be so sad when I run outta episodes to watch. I think it has 6 seasons on Netflix.

Pinterest, Facebook, and playing games on my phone are other time sucks that have gotten me in the past. None of them are bad things, but done in excess they can really waste your time. But it doesn't even have to be digital things that can suck away your time. Today, I spent 10 minutes just day dreaming looking out the window at the snow falling and the wind blowing it to and fro. It was beautiful!

So how about you? What things suck up your time?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

My cats suck up my time. I only have to sit down for a sec and they jump up for a cuddle, and I just can't resist and before I know it half an hour is gone!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Definitely a good binge worthy series on Netflix.

Social Media surfing.

Perusing TLP's shop for pretty things. ROFL

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My current phone game obsession I might be spending a bit too much time on is Word Wow Around The World, which I believe was recommended to me by someone here at TLP after I mentioned how much I love word games a few months ago. Who was it???? It's all your fault. Just kidding. Actually thank you very very much!!! :D You can see one of my recent great words I made in the game in the upper right corner of this page I made for the photography challenge last night. :D

MrsGaramer and keepscrappin like this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Netflix I generally watch while I am scrapping so I don't know if I can constitute that as a time stealer :) Facebook is definitely one of those. If I wasn't using it to connect with my friends that live elsewhere, I probably would get rid of it. It is also addicting. I dont know what I used to look at all day long when I didn't have a cell phone!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I stumbled across a "cross stitch" app for my phone - it's really like paint by number (just looks like cross stitch) - I can sit for hours and tune every little thing out and just color the time away!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I'm another with the phone apps. "Did I check on my villagers? Are all my cool downs being used? Did I remember to log in and get that quest done?!" etc etc. And I CANNOT get into Pinterest, I fall down a HUGE rabbit hole there if I do! Netflix gets me every once in awhile and Quora also gets me sometimes. I have to be careful, I'm very susceptible to things like that and lose track of the time.

8. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

My daughter got me into playing Word Cookies on my phone and I am spending waaaaaaay too much time playing it.

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Games on my kindle... Cookie Jam, Cookie Jam Blast, Mystery Match and a MahJohng game. Several reality TV forums and this forum. Lately, I have added jigsaw puzzles to that list.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Right now it's the Olympic Games- I get so into them for some crazy reason! Last night I fell asleep on the couch watching them & didn't wake up until after midnight to go to bed! ;) At least our 'normal' shows aren't on because of the olympics so it's not like we are getting behind in watching them!

bestcee, Sokee and keepscrappin like this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest etc

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Oh, most definitely my phone games!! I play them to relax. I will tell myself that I just need ten minutes of relaxation and start playing my favorite---Fishdom! The next thing I know, an hour has gone by. I am also addicted to Pinterest. I will go on there to look up one thing---yeah, right!!! An hour later I am still looking around!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Instagram gets more of my time than it should. I just like looking at silly memes that make me giggle.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

I know probably out and about with friends having meaningful connections with them lol! I only say this because my hubby and I were talking about this a couple of weeks ago. We came to the conclusion that we saw our friends more often when social media wasn’t so much a part of our day to day. Nowadays everyone is tapped in all the time so they are privvy to your daily life leaving little need for catching up in the physical sense or atleast not as regularly. Weve spoken to friends too about it and they feel the same its an interesting societal shift not a good one but interesting.

15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I had to leave Pinterest for awhile, but now I'm back. I get on there and I can't get off! I was trying to explain what Pinterest was to my husband and he just looked at me like "HUH"? :blahblahblah:blahblahblah

16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Facebook, instagram and pinterest. I've been trying to be better about only having certain times that I check in on these. I definitely get more done when I leave my phone in my bedroom. If I keep it on me I get sucked in.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

BAWWHAA!!! Paradise Bay, "I need to be a good trade master and get those things traded so I can make more things! This is so me!

Justagirl, Serena and keepscrappin like this.
  18. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I love White Collar. So sad when it ended, but at least it had a good ending. I hate it when you get into a show, the season ends on a cliffhanger, and then it doesn’t get renewed. Ahhh!!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

YouTube is a time suck for me. It’s pretty much my #1 tv channel.

Pinterest is IF I allow myself on for too long. I try to just drop in to pin to my boards and then leave. If I start looking around too much, then I’m down one rabbit hole after another.

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Mine is Instagram! I spend loads of time on there watching people's stories and browsing their content.

MrsGaramer and keepscrappin like this.