May 20 Inspiration: Person

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by bcnatty, May 20, 2017.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Wow...what an amazing week of Inspirational Challenges and pages!!!
    I'm here for the last day of your first week of the new installment of Challenges.
    My inspiration for you today is PERSON.

Everyone has that one person in their life that has inspired or touched them in some way...that person for me is my dad.

He was my very first basketball coach and instilled a deep love for the game in me. I went on to win a provincial championship and then signed a full ride scholarship to a NCAA Div 1 school...and all because he loves the sport and wanted to share that love with his kids.

My dad is now 72 years old...and he is STILL playing basketball!! And I don't mean that he goes out and shoots hoops every now and then. I mean, he plays in the open coed league...with college kids!! My sister and I had a blast playing with him this year for the first time ever. He is the oldest player in the league, by far...and still schools the other teams!!

Even more amazing is that he plays with an Over 65 team...and they play all over the world. And I truly mean all over the world. Every 3 years he plays in the World Master Games...he just returned from New Zealand where he played against teams from Brazil, Australia, Japan and the United States. He has also travelled to Australia and Italy to play...and is hoping to still be playing in another 3 years when they are held in Japan.

I hope that I am as active as he is in 30+ years...he is truly an inspiration to me!!

Your challenge is to make a layout featuring the person who is an inspiration to you. They don't have to be someone you know personally, but I would like to know why you chose them!!

Here is my layout about my dad!!

[​IMG]

As always, please follow The Lilypad guidelines for posting:
    Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (current or retired product from current designers; templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

Juliestcyr, Mylinn, umyesh and 2 others like this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

What an awesome page. I love all the photos and I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing your admiration too!!

bcnatty likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

WOW, Natasha... he is amazing!

bcnatty likes this.
  4. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

There are so many people that I could have choosen for this challenge. But I chose a friend who was probably the greatest encouragement to me to grow in my faith and was such a godly woman (now gone to be with the Lord and greatly missed).
    [​IMG]

Juliestcyr, bcnatty and meterr like this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

So fun to hear a little bit about you and your dad :) I share the same love of sports with my dad, too.

bcnatty likes this.
  6. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

7. orkan

orkan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Child in the course of drawing I was endowed enough and then in time I discovered my Masters(Teachers) Dautres one followed, but these both there marked of them printed my tastes.

kit by DawnInskip_balance

bcnatty likes this.
  8. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

I love all the pages, I was about to do my dad also, but then I decided to honor my partner in life, he deserves it:

[​IMG]

AJK and bcnatty like this.
  9. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Here's my grandparents!!

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I had to pick two, my parents:

[​IMG]

bcnatty and AJK like this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

12. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

My person is my son, Elijah. He has been having trouble with his appendix and they decided to take it out after we took him to the ER on Sunday evening. He had surgery early Memorial Day morning. Dad and I were a wreck! We cried, I threw up. it was a mess! Lie has autism, anxiety and sensory issues, so even being in a hospital was very overwhelming to him. When hooked up to a heart monitor, his heart rate went way up when he was anxious. It set alarms off. His veins are so thin and deep they have to use an ultrasound machine to find them, and it still took 5 pokes to find a vein for the IV. He and I stayed at the hospital until Tuesday. Hes been doing his breathing exercises so he doesn't get pneumonia and walking so he doesn't get clots. Hes doing great!! Hes such a strong boy!!

[​IMG]

bcnatty and wvsandy like this.
  13. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

My PERSON is my Son In Law. He brings joy to my heart and I love how he puts his family before anything. He calls me "Mom" and I love that. Bless him for the love and enthusiasm he has for life.[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  14. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

@meterr sending you lots of virtual hugs. I cannot imagine how hard that was for both you and your son. Thank you for finding the courage to share it with us.

meterr likes this.
  15. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My ATC for this challenge pays tribute to a great humanitarian.
    [​IMG]

This finishes the May Weekly Focus Challenges for me with a week to spare before the June Challenges!

16. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

I did this ATC for the challenge to salute my mother who has lived over 102 years. Just think of all the amazing changes in the world since she was born!
    [​IMG]