Irritating Noises|Pad Patter 1.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I would never ever do it! However - the owner is a jerk. We have an app for our neighborhood and some people complained. Now he revs it up more and commented that we are all too chicken s*%. To say it to his face and then said he'll rev his engine and drive it whenever the hell he wants to. Problem? It's against our CCR regulations.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Oh wow he is a jerk. I'd definitely be calling the cops for noise complaints.

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Mark me down as another person that is bothered by the sound of people chewing food. I used to work with a guy who ate at his desk which was about 6 feet away from me. He chewed with him mouth open. I had to leave the room - every day.

I am okay if I am eating at the same others are eating. But if I am not eating, the sound drives me crazy. My husband also likes to put peanut butter in his warm oatmeal. For some reason, the smell of warm PB makes me want to gag. So between the eating noise and the smell - I just can't even.

4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Chewing noises also drive me up the wall along with someone sniffing all the time.

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Bwahahahaha! I'm laughing at this thread, only because I'm nodding my head . . . I'm seriously irritated by a huge range of repetitive noises, including, yes, breathing. Chewing is a huge one. And a family member sucks air through her teeth, like a quick slurp/squeak sound. DRIVES ME BATTY. LOL

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm with ya on the chewing noises and especially when people chew with their mouth open! I also hate, hate snoring and my hubby snores all the time. He didn't when we got married, but he's gained a few pounds over the years and SNORES LOUD now! Seriously, I run a fan, wear earplugs and have even gone to sleep in another room and can still hear him! Needless to say I love it when he travels for business so I can get a good night's sleep... hehe

I also hate it when my DD cracks her knuckles and toes. Yes, I said toes! It sends a chill up my spine and it makes my fingers and toes hurt! To be honest I don't like many noises. I can't stand it when people tap on the table or tap their feet. I hate it when DH clicks his tongue while he's thinking and I've even taken the batteries out of the clock before, because the ticking was getting on my nerves. I was under a tight deadline and it just seemed to be mocking me.

I'm sure I'm not perfect either but if I do something that drives someone nuts and I know it, then I try to refrain from doing it when I'm with them.

BevG and Tree City like this.
  7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Anytime my children or husband open their mouths to talk, whine, yell, argue, and/or otherwise irritate the living snot out of me. :giggle

Can you tell my son has woken me up every night this week and I'm struggling to stay upright with eyes open at work?!?!?!?!?

bestcee likes this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

People raking silverware across their teeth, the sound of chewing/crunching/slurping/burping and non baby farts.

9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My cat's meow at 3am, my husband's high pitched laughed, & the phone ringing. I'm on the phone all day at work, so if you call me, it better be important. My mom likes to call when she can't remember answers to random trivia questions.

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Grandson Connor, is 10 and a living cacophony of noises. If he can make a sound with a toy, food, or body part (use your imagination here), he will.:attention:gun:whistle

:waitingOne day I was on facetime with my daughter and she had to tell me to turn off an alarm (my husband had set before leaving the house). I didn’t hear it because if my hearing loss, but it drove her crazy!