Inspiration and feelings

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by GwenCreative, Jul 29, 2017.

1. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

Hello everyone,

I open this topic, because I have a small question, for which I would be curious to know your answers.
    In fact, I wonder if you were more inspired for your art journal, when you have negative or positive feelings to express?

For my part, I am generally creative when expressing very strong feelings, such as sadness or anger, but I also love the sweetness of love and nostalgia.
    I apologize for my English and if the subject has already been addressed.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oh I can pour out both happy and sad with art journaling. My favorite is unknowns or things I am uncertain of. I love to create instead of worrying.

GwenCreative likes this.
  3. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

sometimes when I've time I make art journaling pages based on a feeling of the moment (joy, sadness, angry...) but I don't post them because they are too personal.
    but most of the time, I start with a quote.

GwenCreative likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Great question. I think both positive and negative. However, I have found that it is very enlightening to understand what I am feeling. The last AJ page I made was when I was feeling a bit out of sorts. I could not tell you why, but as I worked on the page, it became clear. I thought it was about feelings I had toward relationships within my family, but it was really how I was feeling after finding out a friend had only a month or so to live.

I have also had the same thing with happy, encouraging thoughts. Expressing my feelings gave me clearer understanding of them - a good thing.

As for inspiration - mostly I do AJ for a scrapping challenge and I express whatever I am feeling. I don't think I have ever set down and did AJ without an inspiration/challenge prompt. Maybe some day.

cinderella and GwenCreative like this.
  5. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I tend to only art journal in response to a prompt/challenge and usually use a quote. The quote has to speak to me so in many ways does represent current feelings either good or bad.

GwenCreative likes this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm inspired by both ends of the spectrum...my problem is getting out and having it look how I want it too LOL!

GwenCreative likes this.
  7. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

Thank you for your answers, it's interesting to see the different ways to work with art journaling and our feelings.

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I tend to only art journal a quote for a prompt or challenge. I will tend to only scrap the good and happy unless it's about me, my childhood or my feelings. If it includes others I will keep it private or hidden. When life gets tough I tend to quiet and not create, and even when life is good I create in spurts and quiet spells. It has always been like this even when I paper scrapped for years. I just love how different we all are and how and what makes us tick. Great question though. well done on posing it and love reading everyone's responses.

GwenCreative likes this.
  9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

For me Gwen, it's both sides either I'm very frustrated/upset or I am really happy. You will notice that we address both the good and the not so good here in the Art Journal (AJ) section challenges. I think the gals do great having a great balance between light and darkness. You of course get to choose or not your page, but we encourage you to create it to get those feelings out. btw. Welcome to the AJ section!

GwenCreative likes this.
  10. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Art is a place where I am able to express myself fully. So you will see the good , the bad, the sad, the happy .... every experience on my layouts. Living in an Asian country where we were taught to filter what we say and to suppress our thoughts and feelings... I wear my heart on my sleeve.

GwenCreative likes this.