In hindsight....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Jan 18, 2018.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Previously (for the last 17 years) I had a bottom freezer, but it was two shelves and door compartments. That's what I wish I could have gotten again. It held more and was easier to get things out of than the drawers. Even though my new fridge is bigger than my old one!

2. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I absolutely LOVE my new fridge with the freezer on the bottom!! With my bad back it's so much nicer. And the things I use most in the freezer part I put on the upper level in the bins so I don't often have to bend so far down. Love it, love it!

Do any of you have a ventless dryer? Our condo it older and the vent pipe for our dryer goes up two stories before the lint flies out of it. It's so plugged up that it takes forever to dry anything anymore and we have tried to clean it out but don't have the right tools to do it. So I've been looking at ventless dryers...had never heard of them until a few months ago. Anyway, just wondering if they are a good thing to buy or not. Seems like they would be in our situation but I don't want to get stuck with one if they have problems that I'm not aware of.

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

When I was selecting new appliances, I absolutely had to have the top freezer. That is all I have ever had and none of the other styles appealed to me. Didn't want a door on each side either and definitely didn't want a bottom freezer. I forget I have a freezer and it is at eye level... I'd never remember I had a freezer if I had to look down to see it!

I also chose no ice cube maker or water in the door. I don't drink water so that's a waste and hey, I have ice cube trays if I need ice cubes (don't use ice either). Most of the time if I fill an ice cube tray, the ice cubes evaporate before I even use them. So basic bones refrigerator for me. It works... it holds all the Dr Pepper I want :)

bestcee likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Crista, we've had our Asco front loader pair for 14 years and never a leak of any sort. Ours are on the 2nd floor just outside the bathroom. I dread/panic what I'll do if/when they go to appliance heaven because US Asco was sold to an American company and they are not the same quality any more. My former workmate has had her set for years before I got mine and her repairman told her not to be the new ones. He said they are made to last a couple years now. Period. Ugh.