Grill | Pad Patter 5.6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 6, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Now that it is officially warm and beautiful here, it's time to fire up the grill!

[​IMG]

I enjoy cooking outdoors because the oven just heats up the house too much! My kids love to do pizza on the grill, but I feel like a lot of the other stuff I do over and over. Do you have any great grill recipes to share? I need some ideas!!

bbymks5 likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We had a grill for about a decade and used it about three times. Once just because an item on a scavenger hunt was "grilled hotdogs." So a few years ago we sold it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

We grill like a couple times a week, all year around... even when the snow is flying here in Wisconsin. We(and in "we", I mean dah hubby; he's the grill master), I luv it when he makes a seasoned pork loin on the grill. No special recipe; I buy the pre-seasoned port lion at Wal-Mart and highly recommend them.

bbymks5 and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Kabobs!!!! The possibilities are endless. steak, potatoes, peppers, onions, fresh pineapple, chicken, tomatoes, sausage, mushrooms >> any combo marinated first in either balsamic dressing or italian. And then, mmmmm! We also do desert kabobs; pineapple, peaches, marshmallows, mango( a bit messy!).

5. IntenseMagic

We use the grill so much, we've been through several in the last decade lol. We do grilled hot dogs a lot!

Ooooh yummy! My family would love that!! How long do you cook it on the grill??

We LOVE kabobs! But omgosh, I have never done dessert ones! That sounds amazing!!

michelepixels likes this.
  6. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

@IntenseMagic , he cooks it slow and at a low temp(280-300). And the size of the roast determines how long. He keeps an eye on the temp of the roast, it needs to be at around 165 at the thickest part of the roast. Oh, and he uses indirect heat; We have a gas grill and he turns the middle burner off and leaves the two outside burners on and places the roast over the middle burner.

This is exactly why the hubby is the grill-master in our house, cuz I would burn it! :yup:giggle

7. IntenseMagic

Awesome!! Thanks a bunch! I am def going to try it! Pork tenderloin is one of our favs!

8. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

9. fanon

fanon Well-Known Member

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DH just grilled peppers and onions and London broil yesterday for fajitas (though he usually uses flank steak or even tenderloin). He marinated them in lime juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce, and spices. So nothing fancy but SO GOOD. Oh, and homemade guac to go with.

11. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

David loves to BBQ he bought a special one in which he prepares a lot of flesh and fish, we'll eat it with veggies or a salad. This way we can BBQ a lot without gaining to much weight...

12. MiekSter

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

kiss

kiss!

Thanks for stopping by the grill Bart! :D

14. IntenseMagic

Ohhhh that sounds amazing!! Definitely going on my list!

Do you have a trick for fish on the grill? I have the hardest time with it not falling apart. We LOVE fish!

Tree City likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Um, does a Treagar count as a grill? It's outside, and cooks food.... But I think it smokes or something? :think
    We are year round grillers here too. Except when the wind blows too hard.

We do a whole chicken over a can of seltzer water or Sprite.
    And hot dogs and hamburgers.
    And pork chops and pineapple!
    And grill chicken breasts or thighs to use in other recipes like tacos or salads or serve with veggies.

And now I'm hungry....:wooot

bbymks5 likes this.
  16. MiekSter

Last week he made salmon on the BBQ and he put it on a piece of cedarwood (especially for cooking/BBQ), this way it didn't fall apart and it added an extra taste on it as well.
    Hard to explain, I've added a picture
    IMG_9301.jpg

17. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Bacon wrapped mushrooms in aluminum foil is what we have grilled before. My sister also does bacon wrapped asparagus.

I want to grill but with the very dry season, we are already in fire restrictions. No charcoal grilling :( Gas grill is still ok to use but we don't own one.

18. IntenseMagic

Ohhh great idea!! Thanks so much! I'm going to try that!

Ohhhh both of those sound amazing! I just happen to have all of those things right now!!

19. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

We just grill the basics, nothing fancy LOL, but I do love me some grilled meats and veggies!!

Umm...fruit grilled kabobs sounds AMAZING right now!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

We haven't used ours yet. I've been so busy working on my backyard the past month that I'm too tired to think about grilling when I'm done for the day. But right now it's got a nice covering of green tree pollen that I'll need to wash off before I use it. The rain that was foretasted for today never showed up, so now I gotta hose down the entire deck and backyard to get rid of the stuff!

IntenseMagic likes this.