First Time Finisher?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by Lena Gardner, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

Same! I never get started on time and always get sidetracked. Congrats on all of those beautiful layouts!:clappy

I hate that you don't like all of your layouts, but I can understand it...they can't all be our favorites and there may be one I don't print this month. After looking at it a few times, I just am not happy with it and I know I could do better so I may redo it before printing. Congrats on finishing!!! :clap
    Me too Lynn! I already can't wait for the next one! Congrats on finishing!:dance

2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Congratulations!!! Now we get to see your gallery filled with baby layouts! Mine is starting to get filled with my first grandbaby! So fun to create baby layouts!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  3. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Yes, that's me as well. I know I can do a lot better. But my goal was to get the challenges done. I can always go back and rescrap the ones I didn't like later.

Lena Gardner likes this.
  4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

W00T W00T Congratulations to all!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  5. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

So glad you found your spark again! :dance

I like to skip journaling so it's a challenge for me, too! Congrats on finishing!!!:byay

AnikA68 likes this.
  6. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

Way to go Angela!!! :dancebun

You had it in you all along! Glad you believed in yourself this year! :dance

Cristina and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Congrats on your twins!! So glad you finished the MOC too!! I cannot wait to see your newborn pages!! YAY all the way around!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  8. jcb5600

jcb5600 Well-Known Member

First time finisher here too! I think if I had planned a little more at the beginning, I would have been better off. Matched up some kits and photos beforehand to cut down on how much time I spent browsing photos and deciding on a kit.

scrumptious, bestcee, LynnG and 2 others like this.
  9. Erin Taylor

Erin Taylor Well-Known Member

This was my first time trying... and I'm finished!

scrumptious, Karen, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  10. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

I'm a first time participant and a first time finisher! I'm not sure I've been this pleased with myself since I graduated from law school. My family is so completely confused. :dancebun

ME TOO! I always put it off until I have an entire weekend to devote (as if that ever happens), and then I equivocate and end up with nothing more than a page or two to show for it. Now, I know I can find time to do what I love - a little every day - and I can make decisions far more quickly than I used to think.

Your pages are gorgeous, @LynnG, and I would not have survived this month without your Victory Street kit. Our London trip is just about wrapped up!

Umm...you are a scrapbooking mama bad*ss. You should get a trophy. I hope you are getting some rest!
    I've had an absolute blast and I've gotten SO much done. I don't think I've had so much fun scrapping and feeling like a part of a scrapbooking community since the good old days of CKU. Thank you, Pollys, for an inspiring beginning to 2018!

scrumptious, Karen, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  11. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

This is my first MOC! I did not think I would stick with it. I thought, there is no way I can complete a layout each day for 31 days! It became fun and an obsession with me! Other than a couple of challenges that were too stressful for me, I loved it! My idea for challenges is "fun", not "stress". Like some of the other ladies, I'm not pleased with some of my layouts, but I can always redo them! It was so much fun trying. I looked forward every morning for the next challenge. I hate that it's over already! Never thought I would say that!!! LOL! I had lost interest in scrapping, and this has recharged my motivation. I thank everyone who was involved and worked so hard!

scrumptious, Karen, bonnenuit and 5 others like this.
  12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

This was my first MOC and I finished!
    I learned to love digital scrap booking again and so many new skills.
    Thank you all who provided the challenges, you rock!

scrumptious, Karen, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  13. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I love this thread!! Congratulations to all of you first time finishers. :goldstars
    Hopefully it is the first of many!! Now that you've drunk the koolaid. :giggle

Karen, Serena and Lena Gardner like this.
  14. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

This is a good point! I need to do that next year! :bunny

Woohooo @Erin Crouch !:dance

@ElizabethW you ROCK! Maybe your family will get it when you have them printed :D

Karen and Erin Taylor like this.
  15. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

*raises hand*

I'm so happy I finished. I learned so much about my scrap style and that I like more simplistic layouts that everything all cluttered (but boy do those pages look nice).

scrumptious, Karen, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  16. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

And you did it!!!! I am so glad this brought back your spark! :clap

This makes me feel so sappy. You guys!!!!:wub:wub

Karen likes this.
  17. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

This! I am a full page designer and I consider myself a full page scrapper, but my favorite two pages I made were soooo simple I'm questioning everything I think I know about myself :giggle

Congrats on finishing!!!:cheer

18. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

This thread makes me all kinds of happy!! You all did it!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Lena Gardner and Serena like this.
  19. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

Wow that was soooo much fun! I only stopped by the Lilypad, because longtime scrapping friends (Cynthia and Jan) post there layouts here, and I decided to try scrapping again after about a 3-4 year break. And boom I was hooked. I loved reading the challenges in the morning, spending the day designing them in my head and the evenings in Photoshop!
    What can I say, scrapping has me back and I am not going anywhere soon. This is a lovely place to be, thank you for having me!
    Hugs
    Kerri (who is now really going to go make a signature!)

scrumptious, Karen, bonnenuit and 3 others like this.
  20. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I came over to the Pad when Nancie Rowe-Janitz and Lauren Reid came over here to guest. I was on their CT and a Challenge Leader for SA. OLB and PP were here too and this place introduced me to a few new and awesome designers. There was a challenge (Scrap Your Freakin' Heart Out) that I participated in and then my health took a heavy dive and I didn't come back scrapping (just purchasing in the store as time went on and scrapping but not in the gallery because I was too afraid my layouts sucked..) for a bit. Now I'm grateful to be here and that the Pad is still full of AMAZING people and designers!

First time finisher, I never had the confidence to try, I was worried I'd fail, plus it's REALLY intimidating to see all the amazing and high quality layouts that go up. This year I was scrapping for me and as long as I was happy with my layouts, that was good. ^.^ You're right, it's INCREDIBLY empowering, I am SUPER PSYCHED now to do designer and monthly challenges and have started peeking at them. (Also, I didn't start until January 14th, I'm REALLY shocked I managed to finish in time! Learned that I'm not such a slow scrapper after all.. or at least, not as slow as I thought.)

December Daily is my next goal too, we can cheer each other on @Lena Gardner and look at what we did this year?! We can DEFINITELY do it! Let's make that our goal for Dec 2018!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018