Elements etc on top of Journaling

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Jan 16, 2018.

1. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I'm a part time paper scrapper and I don't cover up any of my journaling, no matter what medium. If I'm going to take the time to write it, I want it to be legible. My pages aren't interactive.

When I see partially covered journaling online, I assume the creator is trying to hide some of the text, for their own reasons. I guess it could be a design decision, but in my opinion, the nice thing about journaling is that it is flexible and can be worked around any elements and obstacles in the way, without compromising the overall design. That's why I assume it's deliberate, to obscure the actual text and prevent it from being read.

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  2. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

*collapses in giggles* I thought they were all for me as I am tuck spot crazy. I do confess that I've just about perfected the art of sizing the pull tab on my LO to real life, printing out said tab and cutting wee slit with xacto knife (to slide real tab into). It's kinda wonky but it makes the tuck demons happy. That said, one really really has to understand gravity and such to place the tab in a spot that won't immediately let tab drop or rip the LO. . . don't ask how many I've wasted, lol. (they became collage fodder and my printer ran out of ink faster sigh)

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Wait, what? @Mylinn
    Can you share a photo of this?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

sometimes an element might overhang my journaling, but normally it doesn't obscure the word(s), or if it does the actual word can be easily guessed from the context.

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Like most of you, I don't mind if part of a string or ribbon hangs over, or only a part of a word is covered. I also don't include journaling if it's too personal for web. I don't do the blur effect often, unless it's for a challenge and we have to "show" the journaling is there. I'd rather just omit for social purposes.

bestcee likes this.
  6. Mylinn

Okay, @bestcee I hope this makes sense. Whipped up a wee B/W LO as what I have worth showing is too personal. Please, any thoughts, tweaks and so on would rock!

pull tab tut - Page 3.jpg pull tab tut - Page 4.jpg

credits in gallery under my LO

[​IMG]

klee73010, bestcee and Tree City like this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hmmm, I was thinking of a related, but harder in some ways, problem. I have a picture to scrap with a story, but I want to make the photo part optional. I thought about attaching a journal card, etc. to the printed version to cover the photo.

My pup dog was recently attacked and the photo is pretty gross, but I want to document it.

jk703 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  8. bestcee

This would work! Attach it with washi tape!

9. bestcee

That totally makes sense @Mylinn ! Thanks for sharing! I was thinking in a photobook, and couldn't picture it.

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Add me to wanting to know more about you all! I love reading the stories. I can understand privacy, but I do love the sharing. :)

LoveItScrapIt and Karen like this.
  11. Mylinn

@bestcee One could do it in a printed book - leave 2 pages blank (facing pages) Place a pull tab on the back of each blank page. cut slits, insert tabs and washi or clear tape the 2 blank pages together. Maybe?

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

Totally! Make a tag for the two pages that back each other with the blank one between!

Mylinn likes this.
  13. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

You ARE skilled at this! Your text tutorial/challenge last year changed my life. :)

LoveItScrapIt and Karen like this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh yay! That's makes me so happy! :)