Crash Plan Users

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by KellyM, Nov 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Wondering what you all might be doing when Crash Plan transitions to a business plan only? Any suggestions on back-up plans? Thanks in advance!

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

How awful for you to have to switch! I've been happy with Backblaze for almost a decade now. I recommend them. It will take a while for you to back up all the many photos and digital scrapbooking kits you surely have, so turn off your computer's sleep function and crank up the Backblaze throttle in the settings for a few weeks to make it go faster. The customer service technician can help explain that better; customer service has always been pretty good with Backblaze.

Good luck!

bestcee and KellyM like this.
  3. KellyM

Thank you! @michelepixels - I have heard great things about Backblaze too. Appreciate the tip!

4. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I went to the Business Plan. They had a special for discounted price then it was only a little more than the old plan. I did not want to have to switch to another provider as I was happy with them.

5. KellyM

Good to know - @navaja77 - I need to review what they offered me as well.

6. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@KellyM I originally purchased a 4-yr plan with Crash Plan, but they lost 2TB of my data when I had a computer down for a month while being repaired. It was always losing its connection to the host, and I've generally found them unreliable.

After they lost my data last year, I moved over to Backblaze. I still have another year left with Crash Plan, but I'm just considering it a loss. Dropbox is by far the best. When my company was hit with a ransomware attack 2 years ago, they had deleted all of my Dropbox files, including all of the 7-year change history. They then "ransomed/locked" replacement files they had uploaded. Once I notified Dropbox, they immediately removed the virus files and restored all of my originals. Within a few hours, it was like it had never happened.

The ONLY reason I'm not using them as a primary now is because they max out at 1TB for personal accounts, and I need at least 10TB (must have at least 5 users for a business account). I'm hoping that will change someday. Until then, I'll stick with Backblaze.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    KellyM and bestcee like this.
  7. KellyM

Thank you @londoncuppa I really appreciate your recommendations. I too have found Crash plan less than ideal at times and love Dropbox - but have way too many pictures to this them as my primary online backup. I will check out back blaze.

londoncuppa likes this.