*Closed* MOC Technique Slow Scrap - January 6

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 6, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi!! Welcome to the Technique Slow Scrap for January 6, 2017. I’ll be in the chat room shortly, but will also have the instructions here. This Slow scrap follows along with the instructions for using the dispersion or splatter technique on a photo!

Dispersion Technique - January 6

You can find all the directions for doing this in the January 6th MOC Challenge! You do not have to be participating in MOC to play along with this slow scrap, but if you are you will have your layout done!!

Here are some resources for brushes that were shared during the chat! Thanks to everyone who shared them!

https://differentxdreamz.deviantart.com/art/Simple-Scatter-Brushes-118814775

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html?promoid=XKMMHH6G&mv=other

https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/1390-high-res-splatter-brushes

https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/1390-high-res-splatter-brushes

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html?promoid=XKMMHH6G&mv=other

Slow Scrap Instructions:

For today’s scrap, I would like you to to create a layout using the Dispersion Technique. You can use any method you’d like, just so I can see the altered photo on your page! Yep, it’s that simple! I want you to have fun with it and play around with the technique. It’s not so bad once you get the hang of it!

1. Alter your photo using the dispersion technique, however it works for you.

2. Add a background

3. Add any other photos you would like to your page. You don’t have to add more, but you are welcome to. Just make sure the dispersed one is the main photo.

4. Add any elements or brushes to your page.

5. Finishing touches…journaling, word art, whatever you would like to finish up your page.

This is a slow scrap so you have 24 hours to complete your LO. You must have your page posted here by 3pm EST on January 7, 2018 to qualify for the Slow Scrap Prize. Please remember that your layout must comply with our gallery rule of 50% TLP products. However, if you are using your layout for MOC6 please remember that MOC rules apply- 75% current TLP product. Also make sure you post it here and in the MOC thread!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    crazsquaw likes this.
  2. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

Love these!!

I do have a question though- I don't use PS, mine is an old program. I don't have the ability for plug-ins, etc: is this going to be a problem for this challenge with the splatter technique you mentioned?

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Depending on your program, there may already be alternate instructions to get the look! Which program are you using?

4. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

I use Microsoft PhotoDraw, it is obsolete but I have been using it forever and love it.
    Now that I look more at the technique, I may be able to use a mask and fill it then layer the original photo with it... ♥

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am sorry I did not make it to the chat. I was up late last night trying to work with the technique to create a layout I was happy with so I let my body sleep in this morning.
    I hope you all enjoyed the chat and no doubt the help everyone gave to each other.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

i did a second LO to practice this technique, i think i may end up using it more than i thought to start with.

[​IMG]

Angela Toucan and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. lou

lou Well-Known Member

Got my time confused again. I joined at the very end. Duh!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Missed the chat, I got carried away with the technique!

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Thanks for the slow scrap! I had a lot of fun with this technique.
    [​IMG]

elk2009 and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Tried another one. Our table centerpiece for Thanksgiving Day (more or less...) The extraction was a bear, was not a clutter-free background.

[​IMG]

Rikki and IntenseMagic like this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Here is my page! Thanks for the Chat Jan!
    [​IMG]

elk2009 and IntenseMagic like this.
  13. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

WAs fun chatting with everyone! Here is my take on Dispersion

[​IMG]

14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well all the layouts look like fun but I am totally stuck. Have left a list of issues in the Jan 6 MOC challenge thread (#239). If anyone can help of give me any kind of work around, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, this whole challenge could knock me out of MOC entirely and I would be extremely sad.

bestcee likes this.
  15. {Laura}

{Laura} Member

Here is mine
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

That was fun! I had to try several photos and ended up with this. Not totally satisfied though.
    I learned something else too: how to turn a png file into a brush.
    In the background of the photo, it's our "Xmess tree": I had to make it blurry, but that was super easy, since it was already on a different layer.
    [​IMG]

17. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

some really great layouts here. First photo didn't work well, played with this one a bit and ended up flipping it for the layout.

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. willimena

willimena Well-Known Member

After a late night spent converting photos using this technique, I wasn't up for the chat :) But I've figured out that for me photos with a clean background work the best, so was laying in bed this morning and thought of this photo (photo in the frame is the one I did the technique on - the big one is stamps and erasing). Have had lots of fun playing - thankyou!!

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I was sooo busy trying to make this work that I was off-line and missed the chat. However, after eating dinner, I tried again and this time I got something closer to the method. p.s. I use Artisan 5 so I had to make up my own technique for doing it. Kind of a combo of what @Genniejoy did and what @AlannaH did.
    [​IMG]

Genniejoy likes this.