Candy and Snacks | Pad Patter 7.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 18, 2017.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I really like popcorn. And duplex cookies. Pretzels dipped in French onion dip is a new thing I've started. That saying about how "you cannot out run your fork" should be tattooed on my hands, though. I may burn 2000 calories on a run, but then I eat 4 or 5x the serving size of and and all snacks, undoing the run completely. *sigh* :giggle

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Have you tried French macarons? They are our current obsession. My daughter is on a quest to learn out to make them. Her first attempt failed, but they were tasty. Second attempt was better, but only about 6 of the batch were close to what they are supposed to be like. It is a difficult recipe; too many places you can mess up. We might just have to stick with the bakery ones, although they are pricey.

3. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

My mom has attempted French macarons. She's an AMAZING baker and it took her several attempts to get enough for a small party we were having. I was helping her for some of the later batches because it was so time consuming to sift the flour to just the right consistency and things like that. I think even she agrees that buying them is worth the price now that we know what the process is!

BevG likes this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Ya'll- this thread is DANGEROUS!!! :backing

I am a junk food junky but have been on a 'healthy' lifestyle so to curb my sweet teeth (yes, they ALL are sweet teeth- and thankfully I brush & floss eleventy billion times/day!:lol) my go-to in the evenings is sugar free chocolate pudding- SO yummy! I allow myself a square of really good dark chocolate too every now & then! I find if I buy the junk food- I can't resist the pantry- so I try not to buy too much junk. The kids have some of their snacks, but I generally stay out of their stuff. Now if I buy a bag of chips = game over. GONE! One of my favorites is the chili santita corn chips- SO good! mmm.... now I'm hungry! :giggle

5. BevG

I scrapped her progress so far...
    [​IMG]

6. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

@BevG Her macarons look pretty good!

7. BevG

Thanks. She is going to try again, she said.