Comments on Profile Post by 3littleks

1. bellbird
    bellbird
    If DH threatens to turn off wifi to 'motivate' the kids while i'm doing something here, i usually say 'don't take away my friends' Visible in person or not, i think this community qualifies as friends so it's not just you!
    Mar 7, 2018
  2. wombat146
    wombat146
    LOL! Brenda, my non-scrapping friends and family call my digi friends my 'imaginary' friends, but said in a fun way! When I met some of my 'imaginary' friends years ago while on an overseas holiday I had to have photos taken so I could prove them wrong (especially my sister who also met them!!!!) LOL!! But like you and Justine, my digi mates are all VERY REAL and dear to me!!! xxxx
    Mar 7, 2018
  3. Chippi
    Chippi
    Mine wouldn't dare, lol!! We are both online gamers, so his friends are all "fake" too, haha!!! We actually went to the US to be in the wedding of one of Hubby's "fake" friends.
    Hugs for you from a "fake" friend!! <3
    Mar 7, 2018
    3littleks, Tree City and bellbird like this.
  4. MrsPeel
    MrsPeel
    LOL don't let it get at you, but if you want, I can talk to him and explain how so many of you saved me from depression, suicide even...... so, not so fake...! some people don;t get it..... but to me, enough that we ourselves do!!!!!!! You are most definitely my friend!!!!!!
    Mar 7, 2018
    bellbird, 3littleks and Tree City like this.
  5. Tree City
    Tree City
    (1 of 2) My DH hasn't used the word "fake" but once he mentioned how maybe I'm being catfished. I said that, if anything, it's the total opposite because we share so much of our raw, honest selves on here. I have met some DS friends IRL, and it wasn't like meeting for the first time: it was like a continuation of our online chats but just in person. That makes me think that these relationships are very much real.
    Mar 8, 2018
    bellbird and 3littleks like this.
  6. Tree City
    Tree City
    (2 of 2) Until very recently, people's main correspondence was via letters: this is no different except we can respond to each other super fast AND we can share photos! :) Thomas Jefferson and John Adams (who, admittedly, met IRL) wrote each other frequently in their later years (and after a falling-out). If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me!
    Mar 8, 2018
    bellbird, Chippi and 3littleks like this.
  7. 3littleks
    Mar 8, 2018
    bellbird, Chippi and Tree City like this.