Comments on Profile Post by KarenB

1. IntenseMagic
    IntenseMagic
    That is so awesome! What a wonderful experience for her! How long will she be gone?
    Jul 29, 2017
    KarenB likes this.
  2. KarenB
    KarenB
    Only 6 weeks. DH & I didn't expect to get so emotional. But she is only 17 and didn't know anyone and looked quite bewildered. But she makes friends really easily so I know she will be ok. Just something so surreal about dropping your child off at an airport in the middle of the night :(
    Jul 29, 2017
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. londoncuppa
    londoncuppa
    What a fantastic girl you've got! At least it's only 6 weeks, & what stories she'll have to tell! My DD lived in Jordan (scary) & also Costa Rica for college for 2 months each . She's on her 3rd interview now for a job in Japan to teach ESL (she's saving for medical school) for 2 YEARS! I know it's a great opportunity, but it makes this mom's heart hurt.
    Jul 29, 2017
    KarenB likes this.
  4. KarenB
    KarenB
    Oh that's fantastic for her Margaret. I think as mums, we are always going to be happy to see them living a full and exciting life, but wishing it didn't hurt so much saying goodbye lol.
    Jul 29, 2017
  5. AnneofAlamo
    AnneofAlamo
    Oh the crazed emotions of being so proud and yet not wanting them to grow up. Big hugs to you, her excitement must be off the charts. The stories she will have are gonna be a full book.
    Jul 29, 2017
    KarenB likes this.
  6. MrsPeel
    MrsPeel
    oh I know the feeling, when Sarita went to Canada, I cried all the way back from Heathrow.....
    Jul 31, 2017
    KarenB likes this.