Vernal Equinox|Pad Patter 3.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Mar 20, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Today is the vernal equinox. In fact, it happened about 5 minutes ago!
    So, the day and night will be the same length, and Northern Hemisphere will get longer days, while Southern Hemisphere will get shorter days.

Are you ready for the weather change? Are you ready for Spring/Summer? Or Fall/Winter? Which season is your favorite?

I love Autumn the most. The crunchy, colorful leaves, the holiday season, the cool nights, and warm days. It's always been my favorite season since I was a little girl!

Sara likes this.
  2. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

To be quite honest, I am always sad when winter goes away. I really, really don’t like summer and once winter is gone, summer is just around the corner. My daughter gets migraines and heat and bright lights are her two main triggers, so summer is ROUGH for us.

bestcee likes this.
  3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I AM SO READY.

I refuse to wear a winter coat anymore this season. If it snows, I will just freeze to death in my cute new Spring jacket. March has been unseasonably cool, and I am just so done with winter.

Fall is my favorite season: pumpkin patches, apple orchards, changing leaves, sweaters & boots with no coats (can you tell I hate coats?!), hayrides, bonfires, football... SIGN ME UP.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

So much for spring's arrival... prediction of 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight.

However, I am one that loves the longer days and warmer weather. Winter is too depressing for me, especially December since that is when days are the shortest. I can say that summer is my favorite season. Even more so as I grow older since I am cold all the time. I now understand why older women always wear sweaters, even in summer. :giggle

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so happy that our days are getting longer. We live where it's hot and hotter, so I'm always glad to get more daylight. @GlazeFamily3 I'm sorry your daughter gets migraines in the summer. That must be rough. Before we moved permanently to Florida, fall was always my favorite season and I do miss it.

GlazeFamily3 likes this.
  6. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am only 35, but I think I am in that “older women” camp because I constantly carry a jacket or sweater with me and I am almost always under a blanket at home, despite the temperature outside.

bestcee likes this.
  7. bestcee

That's rotten! And so frustrating! My friend gets them one week before her cycle because of the hormone changes. It's frustrating to her, I can't imagine having summer be so negative on a child!

I can't wait to see a photo of you in your new spring jacket! Bonus points if you are outside in the snow :giggle I totally understand! After all, I wore flip flops in the snow one year in MA because I was done with winter!

I love this! And had never noticed really. I probably won't see it as much in Vegas this summer. 100+ with a sweater might be a death sentence!

I totally get this! We have "fall" without the color changes in about January around here. But, luckily, I can always make a trip to Utah for the leaves. I miss the Northeast leaves though! They are fabulous and my favorite!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm always excited about spring, no matter what kind of weather we had in the winter. I just love the increased daylight hours! Flowers are pretty too.

Virginia isn't having a very springy first day of spring this year though. Like Rene said above, we're expecting snow. Of course. It seems like we always get snow around the beginning of spring. It'll be nice, in a way, since we haven't had any worthy snowstorms all winter. But I'm hoping it's not much, because I want to go get my hair cut!

bestcee likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I noticed it when I was in my 20's. Older women would wear lightweight sweaters all the time, no matter what season or the temps (FWIW your 100 is pretty much the same as our 80 with high humidity). They were women my grandma's age and older so think 65+ years old. I totally understand it now! I very rarely use my a/c in the summer and there are times that I will get chilly. That's why I have a lightweight sweater on the back of my computer chair all the time.

Christina W and bestcee like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am so looking forward to spring!! And the longer days are making me incredibly happy!! I crave the sunshine and daylight. I get so down and useless in the winter. Of course, like others have said, we have a winter storm warning tonight for possibly our biggest snow of the whole year. UGH. I am ready to get my hands in the dirt, plant flowers, and play outside. Not to mention enjoy my reading spot in the sun on the deck. Heat does not bother me nearly as much as the cold does. The hotter the better as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the fact that I don't have to work in the summer. That's definitely a plus to that season lol.

I wish I could enjoy the fall more. The temps are usually pretty nice, but the leaves ACK. I would probably enjoy them if I didn't have to rake a half acre of them!

Cherylndesigns and HavaDrPepper like this.
  11. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Because our family has been blessed to live in lands of perpetual Warm, I feel like I don't enjoy the change in seasons like I did when I lived up North. My most favorite season is Autumn, and I also love Spring, but I feel like both of these are more like Almost Summers here so it's not quite the same. Living down South for so long has helped Winter to emerge as a favorite because it's the time of year we get actual cool weather. I loathe heat and humidity with the fiery passion of 1,000 suns. So, while it sounds nice, Summer is not my favorite.

But in my *ideal* world with *real* Autumns..it is my most favorite in the history of ever. :beat

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

Maybe that's why I like them? I don't usually have to rake them! And never a half acre!:faint2

I like that - Almost Summer. I've had to rethink the seasons in Vegas from when I was more northern. It definitely is about 9 months of summer, and 3 months to fit the other 3 seasons in. :giggle

Sara likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well there is snow on the ground - finally - for the Vernal Equinox. I'm celebrating like they do in the Middle East, with a fire. But mine is in the fireplace! On the other hand, I've taken my 1st Zyrtec of the season as my sinuses were aching yesterday. I planted a Golden Sage yesterday after a Sunday visit to one of the best garden centers around here. A free cooking demo patterned with a new organic farm. I hope that little sage is happy tonight and the small flat of pansies survive. I may bring them up onto the porch just so they have a day or two more protection.

I am so with you Sara and I don't think there's ever enough air conditioning!

Sara likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am so excited for longer days and more sunshine in the evenings... although with the time change a few weekends ago it's definitely staying lighter out longer at night, which I love! :)