Scars|Pad Patter 1.23.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I have a small one on my face from our dog when I was a young child. I smile a lot though so it just looks like another dimple!
    I have one on my ankle from when I slipped into a hole in a friend's yard. I actually scraped up on the edge of the concrete sidewalk getting out of the hole (such a clumsy moment).
    I'm still waiting to see if I'll have one on my knee from a bad fall. I lost balance while holding DD and trying to open the car door and misjudged the edge of the driveway at my parents' house. Landed on my knee and slipped along the driveway and rock landscaping. It's taken weeks to fully heal since a scab couldn't really form on the bends of the knee. Oh, but DD is completely fine, she didn't hit the ground at all!

bestcee likes this.
  2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have a few...

Dog bite scar on my leg where the dog bit and clawed at me.
    Multiple Oven burns on my wrists/arms...I'm so bad about burning myself in the kitchen.
    Burn scar on my leg where I spilled boiling hot water on my leg when I was teen. It was 3rd degree burn.
    A few chicken pocks scars.

I think that's it.

bestcee likes this.
  3. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I have one between the top of my nose and my eyebrow from tipping over in a rocking chair and hitting the corner of a coffee table when my aunt jumped out of the chair. I was just little when that happened. And we were just rocking together. And one on my right hand where our furbaby sunk a tooth. He didn't like loud noises and I made the mistake of turning the vacuum on while he was there by me. My hand was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time. He didn't mean to get me. But he was really going after that vacuum!

bestcee likes this.
  4. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

In 2014, I had a hysterectomy. I had a fibroid the size of a coconut, that we tried to shrink with a then new-on-the-market drug. But, it grew to the size of a cantaloupe anyways. It was so big they couldn't get it out through a nice c-section cut, so they had to cut from my bellybutton down to my pubic bone. I woke up with 11 staples holding my stomach together. I was in the hospital for a week, and at the 10 day-mark we went into the surgeon's office to remove the staples. Everything was healing great. The nurse pulled out the staples. The doctor came in to check it out and she said, "what's this bit of fluid here" and just barely touched the scar. It split open, all the way down to the fascia (layer of connective tissue covering the muscle), which was thankfully sewn together. My husband, who works in health care, including operating rooms passed out. The doctor and nurse worked very quickly to pack the would. Oddly, I felt nothing. Like, it was just kinda itchy. I now had to heal from the bottom up. Getting the wound packed and cleaned daily barely hurt - kinda itchy, that's all. But the scar I'm left with is huge, more than a centimeter across in places, jagged and deep. But, it's not like I was ever a bikini kinda girl anyways.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Story please? Maybe? :flirty

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he survived! That's crazy!

Maybe he just needs to sharpen them? :giggle

That's crazy!

And? Have you scrapped that?

Oh my gosh! I was chatting with Cheryl and we both started giggling at this! I wish there was photographic evidence! How is that not an Olympic sport?

I hope not! I'm glad everyone is okay!

@Juliestcyr Oh my word! That's a crazy story!

AllisonPennington likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

No, but I'll tell you. I had asked to borrow my counselor's razor because I had forgotten mine. She asked if I knew how to use a single edged razor, and I said yes, even though I didn't! Well, after I stuck my bloody foot out of the shower one of my cabin mates saw it and ran screaming out of the cabin.

Right below our cabin was the archery range. They were having a contest and another one of our cabin mates was up, ready to shoot her arrow. She heard Karen scream, jerked to see what was happening, let the arrow fly and got a bullseye and won the championship.

What no one knew but us was that Kristy had never shot a bow and arrow before in her life. She had signed up just because she had nothing else to do!

7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

It's a horrible story. My mother was very pregnant with my brother, so she couldn't move quite as quickly. I was 4, my sister was almost 2, and the two of us were taking a bath. My mom went to answer a phone call, and left us in the tub, but she told me to drain the water to get ready to get out. My sister did not like that, and decided to turn the water back on.... when she did that, she turned it on hot. My mother assumed we were arguing with each other when we were screaming, so she wasn't in too much of a hurry. The hot water heater was set entirely too high and we lost layers of skin. We were in the hospital for a week, got surgery to replace our skin with pigs skin... we went home, and my mom went back to the hospital a week later to have my brother. We couldn't walk for a long time after that. Couple months probably.

This is all vague memory for me. I can't imagine this happening to my own kids... the mommy guilt I would feel! I've never asked my mom what that was like at the time. I'm not sure I could bear the answer, or force her to relive the situtation... even now, 28 years later.

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhhh I do, I do...!!!
    so many, as I had operations since I was a baby until I was 8 years old , 9 surgeries as I was born with a double hip dislocation, at the time -I'm ancient!!!:giggle - hip replacements weren't even a concept, so I didn't walk until aged 5, and had all together 9 surgeries in my hips, so I have HUGE scars that also developed a queloid (not sure if it is the right word in English) the scars were done in much rougher way in the 50s and 60s so ..they are BIG....
    Then I had a bike accident, minor thing but I have a tiny scar left from where the plate scratch my knee
    I had my daughter with a C-section (precisely because of my congenital problem) so I have that scar, but I looked after it , my husband would pierce a vitamin E capsule and drip the gel in the scar, so it is a very faint line...
    Then in 2003 I had a hip replacement that was promising I would get back to work full time.... they said "You ll have the hips of an 18 years old" well, it turned out that instead, they failed , 4 operations trying to fix the error in the following 2 years failed miserably.... and I have what is maybe a better looking scar than what I had in my right leg... they had also promised me to operate in the other leg, but I refused after 2 years of 24/7 pain...
    I also have 3 tiny little scars in different part of the abdomen as I had a gallbladder removed by laparoscopy in 2014
    I thinkl those are all, but my memory is so bad is possible I have more :giggle

I love the scars, they are reminders fof how blessed I am, I walked in a time in which kids with my problem would not come out walking properly or would have some deformity in their necks or limp heavily... I had such an intense life and, even though I'm not much mobile these days as the prosthesis is 15 years old (yesterday!!!! ) and have other health major problems, but I love the scars that remind me every day of how much of a blessing is to have the family I have who never gave up, even when doctors told them I would never walk...my parents took me all around the world to have surgeries with awesome surgeons... so...yes, sometimes in the beach and especially here in the UK, in swimming pools in summer is even worse, people stare ...and don't ask... I love it when kids ask what happened, is honest so I can tell them how much of a miracle it is that I was able to walk, and have a very productive life... :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

QuiltyMom and KayTeaPea like this.
  9. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

Yep- I have a weird scar on my knee from the swing set growing up- (there was a bolt sticking out of the frame and I ran into it full force) and over time the scar has moved (as I grew up) from my shin up to my knee.

I also have the incision from my neck surgery which is still healing. In 2010, I had a partial thyroidectomy and that incision eventually became very hard to see, as it was set into a wrinkle/movement line on my throat. When I had my disc replacement surgery in November 2017, the surgeon used the same line for this new incision. It is healing, but still noticeable. I am hopeful that it will fade as the earlier one did.
    20180124_092749.jpg

10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW, what stories!! And yes, @MrsPeel , each one is an extension of our fabulous lives!! Mine aren't so dramatic. I have a scar over my left eyebrow from when I was 3 years old (1942) and my sister was getting ready to swing the bat and told me to move----I didn't move!!!! I have one on my hand by my thumb when I almost sliced my thumb off trying to cut something with a big knife; I was around 6 at the time. And yes, scars travel! It happened way up on my thumb and now the scar is down on my hand.
    Then my surgery scars, hysterectomy, gall bladder. That's about it.

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh my @klee73010 that must have been so horrible for everyone! Your poor mom! Yeah, I don't think I could ask her about it either.