Abnormal Temperature | Pad Patter 11.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 18, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I was just noticing the forecast for next week. Usually, 60's is normal, low 60's at that. Apparently, we are getting a heat wave next week! High 70's to 80! {F}.

I guess I won't put the shorts away yet.

How about you? Are you hotter or colder or wetter or drier than normal?

cfile likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

It has been warmer than normal here in Virginia. It finally started getting cold around Halloween, but usually it starts getting cold in September.

cfile and bestcee like this.
  3. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Colder and wetter despite the fact I am halfway up a volcano!! Shouldnt it be warm here, lol? There is already snow on the top....ack!

londoncuppa, cfile and bestcee like this.
  4. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

High fifties/Low sixties here in SC: good football weather for those who like that kind of thing!
    The outdoor cats have started spending the night in their little heated cat houses again (yes, we don't have kids, why do you ask?!).

bestcee likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We're pretty average here in Eastern WA- Cold & have already had our first snow! We are averaging in the low 40's for our daytime highs. We are headed to Phoenix for Thanksgiving- so I'm excited to exchange those for the 80's! ;)

bestcee likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have already pulled out my winter hooded coat. Normally it doesn't come out until December! We had some 20 degree weather a couple weeks ago. Way too early. Temps have been all over the place otherwise. Today is 57 but it feels much colder because of the rain. Under a T-Storm warning at the moment. Tomorrow's high is predicted to be 37. I feel like I'm on a seesaw with the weather these days!

As I've gotten older, I feel the cold more so I'm definitely not liking it!

bestcee likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We are about average right now. It's 60 today and supposed to be a high of 40 tomorrow...our average highs are in the low 50's for this time of year. It looks like the next week or so is going to stay right around that 50 mark during the day, but 20's and 30's at night *yuck*.

bestcee likes this.
  8. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

We had a hotter than normal start to Spring here in Brisbane but the weather seems to have settled down into a more Spring-like pattern (and its raining which always makes things cooler!). I'm not looking forward to Summer this year as all long range predictions are saying its going to be hotter than anything on record so far (yay! ... sarcasm!)!
    How I envy you all your cold winters!
    [​IMG]

9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

It's been a bit warmer here than normal (which I LOVE!). But a cold front is coming through and I think it's going to get pretty cold.

10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Not enough rain here and summer lasted longer than usual. But fall is finally here.

p.s. We never put away clothes in NC; we just rotate them from the front to the back of the closet, because it could be 80 in January. Not likely, but it has before. And those cute sweaters on Thanksgiving day? Some years we wished we had shorts on. Looks like typical weather for us - highs in upper 50s/low 60s and maybe a frost or two at night.

cfile and Christina W like this.
  11. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Warmer than normal here but I'm ok with it. We had a rain come through and it got cold. I really don't want cold right now. It's perfect outside. Not ready for snow yet.

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Ditto.. Michele it is 70 today!

13. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

It's been average here in Canberra so far. I did turn the evaporative aircon on yesterday though.

Like @amandac, I am dreading the coming summer with the current long term forecast suggesting a series of extended heatwaves.

14. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Absolutely LOVE it, Christina!

Christina W likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It is 60 here this morning and muggy!