0201 Weekly Check in

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by rdjrneace, Feb 1, 2016.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Let's focus on our goals for this month -- my goals:

1. Loose 5 pounds
    2. Drink 100 oz of water a day
    3. Exercise for 30 minutes (at least) each day

What is your goals for the month?

2. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Traveling this week so my steps are amazingly up. Running through airports and all.
    Concentrating on eating healthy while away for work/training this week.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Swimming starts this month...eek!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  4. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

My health goal is to track my food and exercise every day, even if I don't stay in my calories range, at least I know where I stand. I'll try to keep exercising 3-4 times a week (walking/running).

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  5. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I'm just going to copy these ones!! :)

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Be more consistently active
    Get my sleep under control (eg: at the right time)
    Do at least one Aqua Zumba class a week
    Drink more water consistently

7. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

My goal is to get back to my "habits" of healthy living from the past few months. I have completely fallen off the wagon I was riding on for six months. My 50 pound loss is trying to be found again and I refuse to let that happen.
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Exercise/walk/move for an hour six days a week
    journal all food/stay under calories
    one sweet day per week
    minimum of 3 veggies and 2 fruits each day

I did this for five straight months and then took a break. Now I have really struggled getting back into the swing of it all. I put work out clothes on this morning hoping that would help motivate me. lol

8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

start what i ment to do january week 1

9. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Re-commit! That's my monthly goal. Lol! I went on vacation, and stopped tracking food. I didn't run Monday, and won't go today. I hope I'm back on track with that by the end of the week, and hopefully feeling better. I am satisfied with the 4 ish lbs down from starting in Jan. Lots more to go!

10. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

Well I finally made it through a whole day without sweets yesterday and I worked out and I drank all my water and I stayed under calories and I ate all my veggies and fruit. I had to go to bed early so I wouldn't be tempted to snack on junk and I have a killer headache today from the lack of sugar but boy does it feel good to be on day two of getting myself back on track. This is going to sound strange but I actually feel skinnier today. haha

chloe_digiscrap and MandaKay like this.
  11. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Way to keep it up gals!

Goals:
    *45-60 minutes of treadmill time daily (or at least 6 days a week)
    *more water - less tea with honey (my hubby has been on me about how much honey I am going thru, and while it is healthier than plain sugar to sweeten, it still is 60 calories per tbsp. and 16 grams of sugar)
    *less sweets - I have let myself go a little on this lately.

I have a scrap weekend this weekend with friends, and that usually means a junk food/pop extravaganza, so I am hoping to do okay and get right back on track Monday and not let that "get" me!

12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I did really well on the exercise front for about two weeks....then I let excuses take over (don't want to get out of bed, its hot, its raining, im not feeling well etc). Need to swiftly get back on board with a) wearing my fitbit everyday and b) attending both wed and sun aqua zumba classes while I can- I was good for 2 wednesday classes and thats it so far. From the end of the month I won't be able to do the Wed night class so I really need to make Sunday's a habit.

Eating wise I've been atrocious - can't be bothered eating a meal, miss it or graze all day, oo hot to cook, order pizza & garlic bread, out at a food court.....order a burger combo so I really need to kick myself back into gear big time.

13. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

Had a major drama day (not my drama but got sucked into it) and boy did I stress eat. I went into it full well knowing exactly what I was doing and I didn't even care. I was doing great for the past three day too. I hate this! I hate food and diet and exercise having to be so all consuming in my life.

14. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, ladies! One thing that really helped me in 2014 when I lost 20lbs in 6 months was that I switched my mindset: I was not on a diet, I was changing my lifestyle. I was not depriving myself with a frustrating, restrictive, not fun diet and exercise regimen, I was respecting and caring for my body the way it deserved to be treated. I'll be honest, the mindset change didn't happen overnight: it took me a good 1 year and half of therapy to get there! But that was the key. I'd encourage you to look at the positive side of things (yes, I promise, there is one! :giggle) rather than the (many, I admit) frustrating aspects of it. :goldstarsYou started an amazing journey, keep it up!!:glomp

15. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

I totally agree Chloe. I have been on this journey for nine months now and for the first six I was gung ho and doing great, lost 50 pounds, had an amazing support system. I pretty much loved everything I was doing. Then it became a chore. Maybe it was the weather and the change of season. I don't know but for the past three months I have been trying to get back into that mindset because I still have 30 more pounds I need to lose. I am not giving up. Every day I start again. It is just frustrating to have to make it an all consuming ordeal. Thanks for your words of encouragement though. Every little bit helps.

chloe_digiscrap likes this.
  16. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I recently started a program about eating only when you are hungry; here is some guidelines:

1. Eat only when you are at stage 3 hunger
    2. Eat what you want however you eat very slowly putting fork down between bites

It seems weird to not eat breakfast but actually I am finding that after getting up I am not hungry until around 9:30 - 10:00 (I do drink alot of water which I am sure helps).

I don't think it would hurt for us all to learn only to eat when hungry so I am trying it.

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm back - i'm managing to average more than 7,000 steps a day so that's good; it's the only real thing i've been decent at though and the scales havent changed much, breakfast and lunch are all over the shop again since the kids went back to school last wk so i need to pull that back.