Hello everyone! It’s Polly Karen here bringing you my monthly overview of the 7 new challenges for April. As a reminder, based on our percentage system, you can earn three levels of coupons for the store just by participating in our monthly challenges. In addition to the coupon, if you complete all 7 challenges within the month of April, you will be entered in a drawing to win a one month guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! This month we are once again offering TWO guest spots. The discounts available are as follows: 2 challenges = 10% off, 4 challenges = 20% off and 6 challenges = 30% off. Now let’s take a look at the new challenges:
1. Scraplift Challenge – April’s scraplift challenge is hosted by Amanda (MandaKay) and she has selected our newest fulltime Polly (and winner of the MOC Polly spot) Wendy85. Your challenge is to look through Wendy’s gallery and pick a page you love and then create a layout inspired by her page. Here is a layout picked by Amanda, followed by Amanda’s scraplifted version:
2. One Word Challenge – This month’s One Word challenge is hosted by Heather (talktoheather) and she has selected the word “Blessed” as the word to scrap about. Here is a great example layout created by Heather:
3. Journaling Challenge – Ashley (ashleywb) is hosting this month’s Journaling Challenge. Ashley wants you to create a layout and journal about an inanimate object. Here is a layout Ashley created and journaled about her favorite coffee mug:
4. Random Challenge – April’s Random challenge, hosted by Julie (mrs2a50) is going to be a literal interpretation of “random”. Julie wants you to create a layout and scrap something random about your subject. You must use the word “random” in your title and you must include sentence-style journaling to explain the randomness of your page. Here is an example layout created by Julie:
5. Product Challenge – Amanda (gracielou) is hosting April’s Product Challenge and she has selected Pattern Paper as the product to play with this month. Here is a perfect example layout created by Amanda using pattern paper:
6. Template Challenge – April’s Template Challenge is hosted by Renee (renee82) and the free template for you to play with has been supplied by the fabulous Gina Miller. You simply need to create a layout using this supplied free template. You can get the template by clicking on the image below. Following that is a sample layout created by Renee.
7. BYOC Challenge – Last, but certainly not least is the BYOC Challenge. April’s BYOC Challenge will be posted to the forum tomorrow, Friday, April 3rd when all the new BYOC Products for April will be released in the store. This challenge, hosted by Melanie (MelanieB), is to use 90% of the products on your page from the current BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers.
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
There you have your at-a-glance look at all of the new challenges for April. Now you can go create your own layouts inspired by these challenges and then post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the April Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine the spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!