Zulily

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by gracielou, Apr 9, 2013.

1. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Do any of you order from Zulily? I just found them and I placed about 3 orders and was so excited about the deals I found but....... I have been reading horrible stories on their shipping etc.. on their facebook page today and now I am not feeling it anymore. Have you or do you have good luck with them?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. renee82

renee82 renee82

I order from them often enough and the only issues I've had is that the shipping takes longer than other places but that's because of their shipping methods. The seller ships to the fifty one warehouse (or something like that) and then ships to us.

3. gracielou

I knew they didn't keep inventory but I have ordered several things that they have listed under the "ships in 1-2 days" category but when I look at my order under my account it shows that it isn't even in transit to them yet and that's been over a week ago.

What time frame do you usually receive your stuff in?

4. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I don't know how long it takes because it always goes to my mom first and then over the ocean to me, BUT Zulily is a black hole for my money, lol. I like VeryJane better, though. I had to unsubscribe from both of their daily emails because I was crazy buying {really cute} stuff. But I'm no help wiht shipping.

5. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I've ordered a few things from Zulily but in the end I got too frustrated with the shipping. I'm not very good at waiting. It usually took about three weeks or so for me to get my orders. It's great for saving on things that you don't need right away.

6. renee82

renee82 renee82

Usually takes the full 4 weeks or long. Although the last order didn't take that long. When I do order is had to be something pretty awesome. ;)

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

About a month on the shipping, which is I think explain somewhere. I have to say they are very upfront with it, of course if you read before placing the order, which most people don't. They depend on the store selling to them and the more options there is from the seller usually the longer it takes. They wait until the sale is over and then they place their order, then it's shipped to them and then they shipped to us. I have had items arrive a few days after 1 week and others take up to 6 weeks for delivery.

8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I love Zulily.

It usually takes 4-6 weeks to arrive at the house. That's their normal turnaround time due to the way they handle their sales. The only thing that annoys me abt their shipping is that they will often ship everything in separate bags/boxes to make up for how long it takes. I hate getting one dress one day, a second dress the next day, etc. They don't charge you extra shipping for that, though; it's a flat rate per order.

It's hard to wait, but worth it!

9. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I have ordered several things from Zulily. Other than the long shipping times, I have always been pleased with my orders.

10. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I have noticed that things like their cloth diapers and baby legs are actually WAY marked up from the prices I can get them by co-oping...I saw Busha pants on their site for $9.99 and they usually cost me around $2 and rebranded Alva diapers (less than $3 in a co-op) going for $14! I won't buy from them because of that. It's all super cute stuff, but the quality of it doesn't seem to be worth the price.

11. gracielou

I did see someone post something about that on their facebook page and they responded that there are some of their items that people can find cheaper through other ways but that they still felt they had an overall good product and good deals.

I am mostly interested in boutique, unique, stuff for my youngest 2 girls and I will not pay the boutique "rip off" prices that the places where I live charge. My aunt used to own a boutique children's store and I know the markup on the stuff so even if I have the money to throw away I can't justify it after that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  12. ChristyHC

ChristyHC Active Member

I just placed an order through them today. I only order things that I don't need for a while. Then I try to forget about it. That way when the order finally arrives it is a fun surprise!

13. Dana

Dana Dana

i order from them often, and as mentioned below, it probably takes a month or so to get to me. i really just place my order and forget about it LOL :) i buy mostly specialty outfits (holiday stuff) and i almost always grab gymnastics leotards when they have them.

14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh forgot to mention that I got a pair of TOTES boots for Bianca but one of the zippers came broke. I called them and they were super nice, they checked in case they had extras and since they didn't in her size they refunded me for the boots + shipping too!!!! and on top of that they gave me $10 extra credit for all the trouble.

15. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

They definitely have slow shipping, but I've never had any trouble not receiving an item.

16. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

Agreed...I love Zulily and buy from them often. But their shipping does take a lot longer, so I always know if I'm in a hurry for something, not to buy from them. But I've loved everything I've purchased and haven't had any problems!